We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

GroupingGridToExcel

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

55886 Feb 6,2007 11:56 AM Mar 23,2018 12:38 AM Windows Forms 7
Tags: Grouping
Geetha Krishnamurthy
Asked On February 6, 2007 11:56 AM

I populate the dataset and the grid shows the records added into the dataset fine, however when I export to Excel using GroupingGridToExcel it displays none, for some reason it is not picking up the records in the dataset.. Do I need to do some kind of binding after adding rows to dataset. Well it displays fine, so I assume the grid gets the dataset information well. Please help.

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On February 6, 2007 12:14 PM

Hi Gkrish,

The attached sample demonstrates the conversion of contents in a GridGroupingControl to an xls file. The Exporting of a GridGroupingControl has two options: one converts the entire contents in the grid while the other converts only the visible contents in the grid.

Here is a sample.
Excel Export.zip

Best regards,
Haneef

Geetha Krishnamurthy
Replied On February 6, 2007 12:55 PM

Yes I have the sample, my problem is. I add records into a dataset in my code on a buttonclick event and these records display on grid, however when i try to export to excel as per example, i get no records.. just like the application when it launches with no records. Before I click the button to add records.

so there is possibily some thing that has to be done if one populates the dataset on button click.

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On February 6, 2007 02:30 PM

Hi Gkrish,

Thanks for the update. Is it possible for you to explain us more details or modify the sample, so it help us to solve your issue earlier. The following attached sample is working fine with excel export, please let us know if you meant different scenario.

Here is a sample.
ModifiedExcel Export.zip

Best regards,
Haneef

Geetha Krishnamurthy
Replied On February 7, 2007 11:55 AM

Could not load file or assembly 'Syncfusion.Grid.Grouping.Windows, Version=4.401.0.49,

I get the above error with the modified excel sample attached by you.

However I will try to explin the problem better. I doubt it is anything to do with Export to Excel functionality. It seems like the dataset is not binding well. It takes the binding at designtime and does not refresh.

At the code level I retrieve records from DB and add records to the dataset and these newly added records display well and correct.

However when I call GroupingGridToExcel on this it launches excel with 1 items none record, data as seen at design time...

Geetha Krishnamurthy
Replied On February 7, 2007 05:25 PM

figured out, the designer of syncfusion grouping grid is buggy.. One cannot select the parent table on design, but should manually edit .designer.cs 'gridgroupingcontrol1.DataSource = ds.parentTable' and that will fix most the problems posted by me.

Claudio Fernandes Bezerra
Replied On March 22, 2018 07:05 PM

ddddd

Sindhu Nagarajan [Syncfusion]
Replied On March 23, 2018 12:38 AM

Hi Claudio, 

Thanks for the update.  

please let us know whether you need further assistance on this. 

Regards, 
Sindhu  

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;