We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

DropDownCalendar - color coding the days

Hi,

How do I populate the dates that are extracted from a database into a dropdownCalendar control. The dates will be extracted from the database based on the user selection made on another field on the page. What is the event that I can use? I see only the prerender event which is used before the calendar is loaded.

Any example would be great!!

Thanks!!

17 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 5, 2007 01:12 PM UTC

Hi Monica,

Attached is the sample as per your required.

http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/DropDownCalendar_aa229204cc.zip

Here the page contains a DropDownList control which fires the 'SelectedIndexChanged' event to select record in the Grid.Grouping control and set the DropDownCalendarControl's Value to the date value of the selected record. The DropDownCalendar Control gets populated depending upon the value selected in the DropDownList.

So the 'SelectedIndexChanged' event of the DropDownList control helps you to achieve your requirement.

Please let us know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
Valli.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 5, 2007 01:53 PM UTC

Valli,

Cannot access the zip file. Could you please check.

Thanks,

Monica

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 5, 2007 03:27 PM UTC

Hi Valli,

Is it possible to provide an example for updating multiple dates background in the dropdownCalendarControl? In .NET, you can use the dayRender event to update it. I don't see this event available in Syncfusion. How do you access a particular cell in the date field to change the background?

Also, I am not able to access the example you provided above.

Thanks!

>Valli,

Cannot access the zip file. Could you please check.

Thanks,

Monica

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 6, 2007 04:15 AM UTC

Hi Monica,

Sorry for the inconvience caused. Herewith attached the sample which helps you to populate the DropDownCalendar control depending upon the dates extracted from the database.

http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/DropDownCalendar_ec954700.zip

Regards,
Valli.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 6, 2007 10:45 AM UTC

Hi Monica,

The DropDownCalendar control provides a powerful date/time entry that allows to select date from the drop down calendar and also provides an option for editing. It supports events like 'TextChanged',' ValueChanged' which are invoked when the text and values are changed respectively. This control does not provide support to the event 'DayRender', which is fired as each day is renderd.

Please let us know if you have any further queries.

Regards,
Valli.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 15, 2007 07:00 PM UTC

Valli,

Here is what I am looking for:

1. Can I highlight multiple days (2nd Feb, 8th Feb, 25th feb) background in the same month and/or across months (25th Feb, 2nd Jan, 13th Jan? if yes, how?

2. What event is fired when the month buttons (last month or next month) is clicked?

3. Can I bind the dropdownCalendar control to a ObjectDataSource (connected to a database) like a grid, and based on the dates in the ObjectDatasource, the days are highlighted? If yes, Example will be great!!

Thanks!!

VA Valli Syncfusion Team February 16, 2007 12:25 PM UTC

Hi Monica,

1. DropDownCalendar control provides style setting for the following days as SelectedDayStyle, TodayDayStyle, WeekendDayStyle, OtherDayStyle. I am afraid that it is not possible to highlight multiple days.

2. Events cannot be triggered when the month value is changed. I will analyze this feature and update you with more information on Monday.

3. Databinding with the DropDownCalendar Control will be supported in our upcoming release which scheduled around March 15.

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Valli

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 19, 2007 09:34 AM UTC

Hi Monica,

1. DropDownCalendar control supports single date selection, so the selected date style can be changed using the 'SelectedDayStyle' property. There is no option to highlight multiple days at the same time or across months.

2. I have filed a feature request to fire a server side event when the month and the year value gets changed. When the month or the year value in the DropDown Calendar control gets changed, a postback will be triggered and gets the server side function to be executed. Hope this feature will satisfy your requirement.

Regards,
Valli

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 22, 2007 05:05 PM UTC

Valli,

Is it possible to highlight the background of the calendar days, and it stays highlighted even when you select a different day?
Can we have this feature added?

Thanks,

Rekha

VA Valli Syncfusion Team February 23, 2007 09:41 AM UTC

Hi Monica,

I am afraid that DropDownCalendar control does not support multiple date selection.

I have filed a feature request to select multiple days and an option to apply styles to those selected days. Multiple selection of days can be within same month or across different months. I hope this feature will satisfy your requirement.

Regards,
Valli

PA Pavan May 14, 2007 02:24 PM UTC

Hi Valli

Any update on the Server Side event being fired on a month or year change in the DropDownCalendarControl.

Thanks
-Pavan

>Hi Monica,

1. DropDownCalendar control supports single date selection, so the selected date style can be changed using the 'SelectedDayStyle' property. There is no option to highlight multiple days at the same time or across months.

2. I have filed a feature request to fire a server side event when the month and the year value gets changed. When the month or the year value in the DropDown Calendar control gets changed, a postback will be triggered and gets the server side function to be executed. Hope this feature will satisfy your requirement.

Regards,
Valli

MA Maheswari Syncfusion Team May 16, 2007 02:44 PM UTC

Hi Paven,

I am afraid that our latest version does not support for this feature. We will include this feature for the next release of Essential Studio.

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Maheswari

RM Rekha Mallavarapu January 8, 2008 07:20 PM UTC

Hi,

Do we have the feature to highlight multiple days at the same time or across months in a calendar control in the 6.1 version?

I see that you have dayrender event and visibleMontChanged event. Is it possible to select multiple days across months in the latest version?

Thanks!

Rekha

>Hi Monica,

Regards,
Valli

VK Vinoth Kumar K Syncfusion Team January 9, 2008 09:45 PM UTC

Hi Rekha,

Highlight multiple days at the same time or across months in a calendar control:

I regret to let you know that currently we do not provide support for this feature in our code library. We have notified our development team on this regard and will get back to you once we hear back from them.

Please let me know if you have any question.

Regards,
Vinoth

SA sami January 14, 2008 02:32 PM UTC

>Hi Valli

Any update on the Server Side event being fired on a month or year change in the DropDownCalendarControl.

Thanks
-Pavan

>Hi Monica,

Regards,
Valli

SA sami January 14, 2008 02:33 PM UTC

>Hi Valli

Thanks
-Pavan

>Hi Monica,

Regards,
Valli

VK Vishnu Kumar Syncfusion Team January 21, 2008 12:49 PM UTC

Hi Pavan,

Thank you for the update.

I regret to let you know that this feature has not been implemented yet. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please let me know if you have any other concerns..

Regards,
Vishnu.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon