We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

ProgressBar control is not working in MasterPages

Hi,

I am using ProgressBar Control in my MasterPages. It's indefinitely displaying "Refreshing.." in status bar. But the same example is working in general page. Can you please confirm whether it's working with MasterPages or not?
My Sync Ver: 4.4.0.51, VS2005 I am using for my Application

Cheers,
Ramesh T

3 Replies

GB Gokul B Syncfusion Team February 2, 2007 10:59 PM UTC

Hi Ramesh,

We couldn't able to reproduce the issue as you mentioned. It is working fine when the Prograssbar is placed inside MasterPage. Here are my suggestion regarding this issue.

* For each and every control Client side ID will differs when a control is placed inside other container(i.e MasterPage in your scenario). When the Progressbar is placed inside the MasterPage then Client Id for ProgressBar1 will preceded by ___sfctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_ instead of normal __sfProgressBar1 Client Id. So You have to change it accordingly while invoking callbacks.This might cause this issue. So could you make sure this is taken care in your sample.

However we have attached one sample for your references.

ProgessbarInsideMasterPage.zip

Please have a look at our sample and do let us know if you need more help.

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Gokulkumar.B

RA Ramesh February 5, 2007 11:48 AM UTC

Hi Gokul,

In your example, the java-script function "PerformProgress" is kept in Master File. Is there any special reason for putting there? The parent doesn't know about his children’s, it doesn't recognise the children’s. If you see the script lines, there is no reference to the children.
The 1st line says locate the button, which child page it looks for this control. How it'll access the children. Also other lines don’t recognise the children page.
I think you understand what I am saying?
Anyway I tried your example, but it's not working in my system. Can you confirm it again?

Cheers,
Ramesh T

GB Gokul B Syncfusion Team February 5, 2007 09:08 PM UTC

Hi Ramesh,

In our perviously attached sample, when we hit the "Button1" then it will look for the "PerformLongOp()" method inside the child Page.If it is not found inside the content tag then it will automatically look in to the masterpage which has the PerformLongOp() method.As we already mentioned we do support to work with progress bar inside a Masterpage. To ensure this we have attached one video file. If anything we made a wrong please correct us.

ProgressbarInsideMasterPageVideo.zip

So Could please update us the steps to reproduce the issue. It will help us for further investigation.

Let us know if you need any other help.

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Gokulkumar.B

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon