We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Charting a simple table

Hello,

I am new to the Syncfusion package and I was hoping someone could help me.

I am trying to render a column chart (no AJAX, no postbacks, just an image) from a very simple data set like this:

Fred 300
Joe 234
Bob 177
Steve 123
Mary 95

When I run my code (cobbled together from the various samples) all I get is a narrow blue-background image with the chart title but no chart.

How can I do this with the Syncfusion chart web control? The data table is coming from a SQL Server stored procedure which I know works because I'm using it elsewhere in my application.

Thanks-
John

5 Replies

JP John Penn January 31, 2007 02:30 AM UTC

OK... I figured out why I was getting the narrow image (note to self - don't use percentage-unit widths for these graphs) but I can't get the column chart to unstack... what I'd like to see is a column for each name in my table.

How can I do this?

>Hello,

I am new to the Syncfusion package and I was hoping someone could help me.

I am trying to render a column chart (no AJAX, no postbacks, just an image) from a very simple data set like this:

Fred 300
Joe 234
Bob 177
Steve 123
Mary 95

When I run my code (cobbled together from the various samples) all I get is a narrow blue-background image with the chart title but no chart.

How can I do this with the Syncfusion chart web control? The data table is coming from a SQL Server stored procedure which I know works because I'm using it elsewhere in my application.

Thanks-
John

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 31, 2007 03:22 PM UTC

Hi John,

Thank You for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

If your intention is to create a ColumnChart and have the name from the database for each column then it can done by creating a series of Type Column and binding the values in the database to the ChartDataBindAxisLabelModel and then to the ChartAxisLabelModel(i.e to the LabelModel of corresponding ChartAxis).
Kindly take a look at the code snippet below,

ChartSeries series = this.ChartWebControl1.Model.NewSeries("Data Bound Series");
series.Text = series.Name;
series.Type = ChartSeriesType.Column;
series.Points.Add(2001, 10);
series.Points.Add(2002, 13.5);
series.Points.Add(2003, 14.6);
series.Points.Add(2004, 16.5);
series.Points.Add(2005, 18);

this.ChartWebControl1.Series.Add(series);
this.xAxisLabelModel = new ChartDataBindAxisLabelModel(this.ds, "");

this.xAxisLabelModel.LabelName = "Client";//LabelName should assigned the ColumnName of the table in database whose value should be displayed for each column

this.ChartWebControl1.ChartWebArea.PrimaryXAxis.LabelsImpl = this.xAxisLabelModel;
this.ChartWebControl1.ChartWebArea.PrimaryXAxis.ValueType = ChartValueType.Custom;

Let me know whether this helps you.

Thanks & Regards,
Ramya.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 31, 2007 03:27 PM UTC

Hi John,

If your intention is to create a ColumnChart and have the name from the database for each column then it can done by creating a series of Type Column and binding the values in the database to the ChartDataBindAxisLabelModel and then to the ChartAxisLabelModel(i.e to the LabelModel of corresponding ChartAxis).

ChartSeries series = this.ChartWebControl1.Model.NewSeries("Data Bound Series");

this.xAxisLabelModel = new ChartDataBindAxisLabelModel(this.ds, "tablename");//tablename->name of table in database

this.xAxisLabelModel.LabelName = "Client";//LabelName should assigned the ColumnName of the table in database whose value should be displayed for each column

this.ChartWebControl1.ChartWebArea.PrimaryXAxis.LabelsImpl = this.xAxisLabelModel;
this.ChartWebControl1.ChartWebArea.PrimaryXAxis.ValueType = ChartValueType.Custom;

Thanks & Regards,
Ramya.

JP John Penn January 31, 2007 04:23 PM UTC

Hi Ramya,

Thanks for getting back to me on this. I pasted your code into my ASP page, and now the names are appearing underneath the columns as I expected. Now I need to configure the Y-axis to correspond to the 2nd column in my table. How do I do this?

Thanks again-
John

>Hi John,

this.xAxisLabelModel = new ChartDataBindAxisLabelModel(this.ds, "tablename");//tablename->name of table in database

Thanks & Regards,
Ramya.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 5, 2007 09:23 AM UTC

Hi John,

If your intention is to display the names of the second column in the database along the Y- Axis then it can be done by binding the values in the database to the ChartDataBindAxisLabelModel. Kindly take a look at the code snippet below,

this.yAxisLabelModel = new ChartDataBindAxisLabelModel(this.ds, "Sheet");
this.yAxisLabelModel.LabelName = "SecondColumn";//Name of second column in database
this.ChartWebControl1.ChartWebArea.PrimaryYAxis.LabelsImpl = this.yAxisLabelModel;
this.ChartWebControl1.ChartWebArea.PrimaryYAxis.ValueType = ChartValueType.Custom;

Let me know if I am wrong in getting your requirement.

Thanks & Regards,
Ramya.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon