We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on : Nov 16th 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

unable to delete row in grouping grid bound to datasource/dataset

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

55474 Jan 30,2007 09:29 PM UTC Feb 7,2007 10:26 PM UTC WinForms 4
Tags: Grouping
Geetha Krishnamurthy
Asked On January 30, 2007 09:29 PM UTC

I get an exception... well the delete record is null..

i have mapped datasource at design to a dataset and add records to it.. nicely and update...

when i hit the delete key placing on a record i get the exception...

does one have to expilicityly set teh sourcelist and other list connected to delete validation, if so please specify.

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On January 31, 2007 09:03 AM UTC

Hi Gkrish,

Thank you for being patience.

Please update us more details on your issue. Are you handling any events? Which version of the grid are you using? The following is the sample which demonstrates the deletion of records in the GridGroupingControl without any issues. Kindly modify the sample to reproduce the issue here or post us your grid property settings, this would help to debug your issue at the earliest.

Sample : DeletionOfRecords_31Jan06.zip

Have a nice day.

Best regards,
Madhan

Geetha Krishnamurthy
Replied On January 31, 2007 04:32 PM UTC

I have storng typed dataset mappped to syncfusion grouping grid 4.3.0.30 and it works fine when i add rows to the dataset.. well on delete i tried both, adding events and not adding events.. it doenst help.. when i add an empty event to see what happens.. it seems to have the record null.. though the dataset is showing the correct info.

let me know if you need the files to be attached.. well it is part of a big project but I can send just the files tht i am currently working on for you to takle a look at

Geetha Krishnamurthy
Replied On January 31, 2007 04:56 PM UTC

well.. is it becoz i have the parent table allowremove true and childtable allowremove to false.. as i dont want the user to delete at child level.. since child is static data more like extra information for the user for each parent table row...

Geetha Krishnamurthy
Replied On February 7, 2007 10:26 PM UTC

figured out, the designer of syncfusion grouping grid is buggy.. One cannot select the parent table on design, but should manually edit .designer.cs 'gridgroupingcontrol1.DataSource = ds.parentTable' and that will fix most the problems posted by me.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;