We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

TreeGrid Helper - Urgent

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

55447 Jan 30,2007 10:23 AM Feb 1,2007 08:43 AM Windows Forms 4
Tags: GridControl
Chakravarthi Os
Asked On January 30, 2007 10:23 AM

I found the attached TreedGridHelper sample in the forum while searching for hierarchial representation of self reference. The sample grid is good and Iam trying to manage the hierarchial relationship using Drag and Drop.When I drag and drop the item in the hierarchy, the value of column "Related To" of dragged item should be changed based on where it is dropped.

Ex : In the sample if I drag and drop 5th row (Parent Id 4 )to 3rd row (Parent Id 2), then the Related To value of the dragged record (Parent Id 4 ) should be changed to 2 from 3. ie. Before drag and drop 4 is a child of 3. After drag and drop 4 and 3 should be siblings.

Thanks and Regards,
Chakravarthi

TreeGridHelper1_ae3a7a780.zip

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On January 31, 2007 07:55 AM

Hi Chakravarthi,

Please refer this KB article :
How to drag and drop rows or moving rows by single click on the row header in GridDataBoundGrid ?

Also please refer this forum thread for details :
Drag n Drop tree node

Best Regards,
Jeba.

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On January 31, 2007 08:24 AM

You can try to tie into the default Drag and drop support inherited from Control to do this. You would handle DragEnter, DragDrop, and DragOver. You could use MouseDown and MouseMove to start the drag. Here is that sample modified to illustrate how you might go about it.

http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/TreeGridHelper_347b5424.zip

Chakravarthi Os
Replied On February 1, 2007 06:55 AM

Hi,
I could not solve this problem.
Can anyone provide a sample for this?
Thanks in advance
O.S.Chakravarthi

>You can try to tie into the default Drag and drop support inherited from Control to do this. You would handle DragEnter, DragDrop, and DragOver. You could use MouseDown and MouseMove to start the drag. Here is that sample modified to illustrate how you might go about it.

Chakravarthi Os
Replied On February 1, 2007 08:43 AM

Hi,

I found the sample.
It really solved my problem.

Thank you verymuch.
Chakravarthi

>Hi,
I could not solve this problem.
Can anyone provide a sample for this?
Thanks in advance
O.S.Chakravarthi

>You can try to tie into the default Drag and drop support inherited from Control to do this. You would handle DragEnter, DragDrop, and DragOver. You could use MouseDown and MouseMove to start the drag. Here is that sample modified to illustrate how you might go about it.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;