We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

General question about combobox

My users frequently need to enter some codes into form, eg. postal code. I want to provide a lookup functionality so that users can search and choose a code instead of typing it.

My simplest tables have atleast 3 columns. An ID (int) which is not seen by user, code (string) and code name (string).

I want to have a combobox with this properties:
- to have a grid in dropdown with 2 columns: code and code name.
- to be able to sort on both columns.
- to be able to filter rows by entering a part of code or code name.
- autocomplete feature on code column in combobox.
- upon selecting a value, code should be transferred into Text property and ID into SelectedValue property.

What combination of controls would you recommend?

Thank you in advance.

5 Replies

GS Gopalakrishnan S Syncfusion Team January 30, 2007 11:13 PM UTC

Hi Srdjan,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

You can use MultiColumnComboBoxAdv Control for your requirements. I have also attached the sample application. Please refer the attachments.

Sample Application.zip

Please let me know if this helps.

Regards,
S.Gopal.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 31, 2007 09:03 AM UTC

Your attachment doesn't seem to work for me. Thanks for your suggestion I will try it today.

GR Golda Rebecal Syncfusion Team February 1, 2007 02:14 PM UTC

Hi,

Could you please have a look at the sample attached and let me know if this does not meet your requirement.

Thanks,
Golda

multicolumncombobox0.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 5, 2007 08:25 AM UTC

It doesn't meet my expectations.

I cannot sort columns by clicking on column header and I cannot filter columns using filterbar or something similar.

Can Multicolumnbox provide me with this two features?

GR Golda Rebecal Syncfusion Team February 5, 2007 01:47 PM UTC

Hi,

Currently these features are not available in MultiColumnComboBox. However, I will log this as a feature request so that these features would be available in future versions.

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Best Regards,
Golda

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon