We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Reg: Syncfusion error on Grid data bound control

Hi,
In grid data bound control, Please do the following steps.
1)Sort Price column in ascending order say record1 displays price 100 and record2 displays price 200.
2)Now change the price of the record2 to 50 so that the sorted order changes.
3)Set focus on any other adjacent cell of record2 in the history grid.
4)System displays a message "Do not move current position with this method".
5)Please refer the screen shot attached.

The following error comming in my debug window.
System.InvalidOperationException: Do not move current position with this method!
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridModelDataBinder.SyncCurrentRecordState(Int32 pos)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridDataBoundGrid.OnCurrentCellActivated(EventArgs e)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControlBase.RaiseCurrentCellActivated()
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridCurrentCell.Activate(Int32 rowIndex, Int32 colIndex, GridSetCurrentCellOptions options)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridCurrentCell.MoveTo(Int32 rowIndex, Int32 colIndex, GridSetCurrentCellOptions options, Boolean discardChanges)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridCurrentCell.MoveTo(Int32 rowIndex, Int32 colIndex, GridSetCurrentCellOptions options)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridSelectCellsMouseController.MouseDown(MouseEventArgs e)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.MouseControllerDispatcher.ProcessMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.ScrollControllMouseControllerDispatcher.ScrollControlBeforeMouseDown(Object sender, CancelMouseEventArgs e)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.ScrollControl.OnScrollControlMouseDown(CancelMouseEventArgs e)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControlBase.OnScrollControlMouseDown(CancelMouseEventArgs e)
at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.ScrollControl.RaiseCancelMouseEvent(MouseEventArgs e, CancelMouseDelegate d)
catched at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.ScrollControl.RaiseCancelMouseEvent(MouseEventArgs e, CancelMouseDelegate d) in :line 0
Kindly give me the solution at earliest.

Regards.
Anna

error_image.zip

5 Replies

AS Anna Srinivasan January 30, 2007 11:53 AM UTC

Very Urgent - Please help us.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 30, 2007 03:23 PM UTC

If you need specific turn-around for your questions, then you should use Direct Trac to post them. There, you can be sure that someone sees your incident in a timely manner.

I repeated the steps you described using default settings on a GridDataBoundGrid and did not see a problem.

However, if I set grid.Binder.DirectSaveCellInfo = true, then I do see the problem you are describing. Do you have this property set to true?

If so, try setting it to false to see if the problem goes away for you.

I am not sure why you have this property set. Another way to get the changes accepted immediately is to handle the CurrentCellAcceptedChanged event and call EndEdit on the Binder in that event. Using this technique, I could not see a problem and still got the changes reflected immediately. Here is the sample I worked with.
http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/WindowsApplication68_503232f5.zip

AS Anna Srinivasan February 2, 2007 06:56 AM UTC

Hi,
I have added binder event and also I have removed direct save property. Now It is working fine. But I am facing problem in one more scenario.

1) My data table contains 3 primary key.(Asset_Id, Date, History Type)
2) History Types are Trader, Trade, and MSRB.
3) I have filter on History Type 'Trader'
4) In between If I modify history type to 'Trade' using mouse and click tab key.
5) My application crashes, I am getting following error on debug window.
12:13:58.531 - Error in Application; Do not move current position with this method! in Syncfusion.Grid.Windows ->
----------------------------------------------------------
Please give me the solution at the earliest.

Regards,
Anna

Regards
Anna

FilterError.zip

AS Anna Srinivasan February 2, 2007 10:57 AM UTC

Hi Clay,
Please find attached sample to reproduce the error. In the sample date column and string column are primary keys. I have applied row filter, i.e string column should be 'Trader' and also I have applied sorting on date column descending order. Take any of the middle row and change the string column to something else apart from 'Trader' Click Tab Key. See the debug window to see the problem. Here application is not crashing but same error I am also getting on my application. Instead of tab key click on the same row, you will get error message box and also debug window error message. But my application is crashing and also I am getting the error.
It is a very critical bug, application in production, please gives the solution at the earliest.

Regards,
Anna

SortingProblem.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 2, 2007 08:43 PM UTC

Hi Annas,

Your Incident No#31557 has been updated. Please refer the incident for more details.

Thank you very much for your interest in Syncfusion’s products.

Best regards,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon