We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Problems with Latest Version 1.6.1.0

I am experiencing problems with the latest Syncfusion Grid version 1.6.1.0, that never used to be there... 1. I get this message all over the place in Debug and Release and it is cluttering up my application's log file. MouseControllerDispatcher.Remove(False, gridControl_DesignMaterialModel, OleDataSource) 2. Am now getting this RTE where as it has always been fine before that, when working with a grid with combo-box cells. System.InvalidOperationException: dropDownImp is null at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridCellRendererBase.OnShowDropDown() at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridCurrentCell.ShowDropDown() at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridCurrentCell.ToggleDropDown() Regards, Wayne.

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 8, 2003 06:23 AM UTC

1) is being caused by TraceUtil.TraceCurrentMethodInfo calls that should have been TraceUtil.TraceCurrentMethodInfoIf calls. This will be corrected in the next point release. 2)Can you post more information on this problem? You might make sure you are loading only the 1.6.1.0 dll's and not loading earlier DLLs (check your output windows for the notes on what DLL's are loaded). If you see 1.5.2.0 DLL's being loaded, check your GAC (\Windows\assembly folder) for any copies of these older DLLs and remove them if they are there.

WH Wayne Hartell July 8, 2003 09:09 PM UTC

No old dlls being loaded. I do have them in my GAC, but they need to be there for other Apps I have on my machine that were built against those earlier versions. Another developer at my company seems to think that it might be to do with a hack I had to write for grids with combobox cells. The specific case was where virtual data behind the grid was changed (in some kind of global fashion) via a right-click menu. The right-click menu, however, could be accessed by right-clicking on a grid cell. For that case, the data in that cell (the CurrentCell) would not refresh until leaving the cell and clicking back on it (when QueryCellInfo fired). Now, to get around this, I added some code into our application framework that would call the following two lines to "force" the CurrentCell to re-query for its value, and update right away... GridControl.CurrentCell.Reactivate(); GridControl.CurrentCell.ToggleDropDown(); From the error output, it seems that it is the call to ToggleDropDown() that causes the RTE. For now, since I am working on a patch for my App that shipped with 1.5.2.0, I am simply reverting to use that version of Syncfusion. It would be nice, however, to know how to get the CurrentCell to request its data in an easier fashion than the above, which now seems like it won't work anyway (in the new version). I might be missing an obvious method of doing this. Cheers, Wayne.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 8, 2003 10:34 PM UTC

Wayne, it's weird that dropdownImp is null. Any cell that is derived form GridDropDownCellRenderer will have that variable initialized in the GridDropDownCellRenderer constructor and I can't find a place where we would set it to null. Anyway, some alternative current cell methods you might look at are: - grid.CurrentCell.ConfirmChanges(false); This will save cell changes without deactivating it. - grid.CurrentCell.Refresh() this will reinitialize the current cell and reload contents from cell. Another question. Is the cell type itsself changed when the underlying data changes? If that does not help, we will need a small sample so that we can reproduce and look into the problem. Stefan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon