We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

VERY URGENT - NEED TO SUBMIT EVALUATION REPORT

Hi,

I am using GridDataBoundGrid.

Please go through my requirement.
The format i required is specified in the attached .XLS file.
The excel file is self explinatory.
You will understand my requirement by seeing the formulas at the formula cells.

I did the merging in query covered range event.
To acomplish this format, Which event i need to use to set formulas? and what to do.

Please solve this problem and provide me a sample.

qUERY0.zip

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 29, 2007 01:09 PM UTC

You are trying to set cell specific formulas within a GridDataBoundGrid. This is not a straight-forward thing. The GridDataBoundGrid does not store cell specific properties as it gets all the values directly from the DataSource which does not track the cell specific infomation needed to work with formulas.

If you use a GridControl instead, you could just import the XLS file you provided and see exactly the grid you see in Excel without further work.

If you really need the GridDataBoundGrid, you would have to cache and maintain the cell specific infomation required to manage formulas. This is doable, but does take some coding. Here is a KB link explaining how. http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/grid/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=104

To actually prepare a sample for you will take some time as this is non-trivial request. Here are some questions that come to mind that would affect how the sample might be done. Your XLS shows 2 DEP's with 8 lines each. Is this always the case, or can there be more or less DEPs? Do the DEP's always have 8 lines? Does your datastore hold the formulas, or do these cells represent unbound values that have no place reserved in your datastore?

To allow us to allocate an engineer to work on such a sample for you, please submit a Direct Trac support incident and include the answers to the above questions in the incident.

CO Chakravarthi Os January 29, 2007 03:58 PM UTC

Actually, i have normalized data.(see the sheet2 of the attached excel file).
I have denormalized it and transposed it using XSL and bind to grid.
OnQueryCoveredRange event I am merging the cells.

There can be any number of lines against a department. It is not fixed.
At the time of transpose itself i am calculating the number of records under one department and putting the value in a column (SOME_HIDDEN_COLUMN)(see the sheet1 of the attached excel file).
after binding this denormalized data to gridDataBoundControl, i am hiding the last column.
In OnQueryCoveredRange event, i am checking the value in the hidden column and getting the count of rows under the department and merging the cells accordingly. User may create a new record under one department, we have to create 2 records under that department and the SOME_HIDDEN_COLUMN value will be incremented by 2 and redo the merge.

Yes. We can store the formulas in the datasource.
As i am explicitly creating the denomalized datasource, i am creating another row for every denormalized row.
For example, I am getting the data in the first row is like

DEPT1 | 111111 | Contributed_Events | 10

now I am adding another row after this row like

DEPT1 | 111111 | Contributed_% |

So.. I have space in my datasource to hold the formula.

And...I have a question.

Can i bind this normalized data and get the format I required in the grid without this denormalization and XSL transpose?

what is " Direct Trac support " and how do i submit a query there?
Please respond ASAP.

Thanks & Regards
Chakravarthi

>You are trying to set cell specific formulas within a GridDataBoundGrid. This is not a straight-forward thing. The GridDataBoundGrid does not store cell specific properties as it gets all the values directly from the DataSource which does not track the cell specific infomation needed to work with formulas.

If you use a GridControl instead, you could just import the XLS file you provided and see exactly the grid you see in Excel without further work.

If you really need the GridDataBoundGrid, you would have to cache and maintain the cell specific infomation required to manage formulas. This is doable, but does take some coding. Here is a KB link explaining how. http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/grid/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=104

To actually prepare a sample for you will take some time as this is non-trivial request. Here are some questions that come to mind that would affect how the sample might be done. Your XLS shows 2 DEP's with 8 lines each. Is this always the case, or can there be more or less DEPs? Do the DEP's always have 8 lines? Does your datastore hold the formulas, or do these cells represent unbound values that have no place reserved in your datastore?

To allow us to allocate an engineer to work on such a sample for you, please submit a Direct Trac support incident and include the answers to the above questions in the incident.

qUERY1.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 29, 2007 08:06 PM UTC

Direct Trac is our support venue. You access it from the Support selection at the top of this display (or from this link).
https://www.syncfusion.com/Support/DirectTrac/logon.aspx?URL=/Support/DirectTrac/default.aspx

Here is very rough sample that does what I think you are looking for. It uses the formula technique from the KB referenced above to support formulas within a GridDataBoundGrid.

http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/SpecGDBD_5a9d94ff.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 30, 2007 10:30 AM UTC

Here is the form1.cs file from the above project with a few comments added.
http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/Form1_ba6baeee.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon