We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

ASP.NET chart control questions

I'm currently evaluating the software (v4.4.0.51) and I've got a couple of questions:

1. How do you get rid of the blue border around the control. I've tried setting the mycontrol.BorderColor and mycontrol.BorderWidth with no joy.

2. In the case of Bar charts is there a setting a kin to the ColumnFixedWidth setting to control width of the bar.

Thanks.

6 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 6, 2007 01:13 PM UTC

Hi Anon,

My strong apologies for the delay in responding to you.

With regard to point 1, the blue border issue occurs only with existing samples ( i.e samples that ship with our productpackage ). Newly created samples ( samples created on our own ) do not have this blue border issue.

With regard to point 2, if your intention is to set the width of bars in Column chart then it can be done as shown in the code snippet below,

this.ChartWebControl1.ColumnWidthMode = ChartColumnWidthMode.FixedWidthMode;
this.ChartWebControl1.ColumnFixedWidth = 40;

Also kindly take a look at the attached sample.

Let me know if you have any queries.

Thanks & Regards,
Ramya.

WebTest.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 6, 2007 03:33 PM UTC

Hi Anon,

With regard to point1,We are looking into this issue and will update you within this week.

Thanks for choosing Syncfusion Products.

Regards,
Ramya.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 8, 2007 10:42 AM UTC

Hi Anon,

With regard to the blue border issue,it is a bug in ChartWebControl.Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention.

This issue occurs when the CalcRegions property of ChartWebControl is set true.
If Tooltips,AutoHighlighting,or RegionHit events are used, the CalcRegions property should be set to true for these functionalities to work.

I will forward this issue to our developers and let you the timeframe for the fix of this issue by next week.

Thank You for your patience and co-operation.

Thanks & Regards,
Ramya.

BS Bruce Smith February 8, 2007 12:13 PM UTC

Thanks for the reply.

With regards to 2 I tried the ColumnWidthMode previously. This works great when the series type is ChartSeriesType.Column. Unfortunately I am using a ChartSeriesType.Bar and was wondering whether there was a similar setting for this type of chart.

Thanks

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 9, 2007 07:32 AM UTC

Hi Anon,

Thank You for the update.

The current version of EssentialChart has no such specific width settings for the Bar Chart. I will forward this feature to our developers and let you know about its status by next week.

For timebeing you can reduce or increase the width of the bars by adjusting the spacing of the ChartWebControl as shown in the code snippet below,

//Adjusts the spacing in chartwebcontrol
this.ChartWebControl1.Spacing = 50f;

Let me know whether this helps you.

Thanks & Regards,
Ramya.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 26, 2007 05:54 AM UTC

Hi Anon,

My strong apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

With regard to the Blue Border issue, we assure you that the fix for this issue will be available in our next version.

And with regard to the feature of changing the width of a bar, I have forwarded this feature to our developers and we will try implement this feature in our forthcoming versions.

Thanks & Regards,
Ramya.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon