We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Master Detail Question

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

55299 Jan 26,2007 02:24 PM Jan 29,2007 01:58 AM Windows Forms 2
Tags: Grouping
Hu Anderson
Asked On January 26, 2007 02:24 PM

I followed the example for the Master Detail Form and I have one quick question.

I added two separate grids to the form however they show as a nested grid, like the HierarchyGrid in the example. How do you make these display as the 2 separate grids, like the Parent, Child, and GrandChild grids in the example.

Hu Anderson
Replied On January 26, 2007 03:18 PM

Sorry for the double post.

>I followed the example for the Master Detail Form and I have one quick question.

I added two separate grids to the form however they show as a nested grid, like the HierarchyGrid in the example. How do you make these display as the 2 separate grids, like the Parent, Child, and GrandChild grids in the example.

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On January 29, 2007 01:58 AM

Hi Anderson,

Thank you for being patience.

This can be achieved by using the following code snippet.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
this.parentTableGrid.DataSource = parentTable; //master
this.parentTableGrid.TableDescriptor.Relations.Clear(); // don't auto populate relations

this.parentToChildGrid.DataSource = parentTable; //detail1
this.parentToChildGrid.DataMember = "ParentToChild"; //detail1
this.parentToChildGrid.TableDescriptor.Relations.Clear(); // don't auto populate relations

this.childToGrandChildGrid.DataSource = parentTable; //detail2
this.childToGrandChildGrid.DataMember = "ParentToChild.ChildToGrandChild"; //detail2
this.childToGrandChildGrid.TableDescriptor.Relations.Clear(); // don't auto populate relations
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Also please refer to the our shipped browser sample ‘MasterDetailForm’ [ \windows\Grid.Grouping.Windows\Samples\RelationsAndHierarchy\MasterDetailForm ]

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance.
Have a nice day.

Best regards,
Madhan

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;