We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Forms using grid control take about 10 seconds to load first time

I'm evaluating Essential Grid. I'm noticing that the first time a form that contains the grid opens it takes about 10 seconds or so before the form displays. After the first time the form will reload almost instantly. This happens both in VS.NET when I open the form in design mode and in IE6 when I open a web page that is hosting my form with the grid. Can you tell me what is causing the delay? Is it because this is an evaluation version?

4 Replies

DA Dave Adair July 7, 2003 02:21 PM UTC

BTW, this is just an empty grid so it's not a question of grid population time.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 7, 2003 03:01 PM UTC

The eval may have some effect on this, but I suspect most of the time has to do with loading the Syncfusion.Grid.DLL and Syncfusion.Shared.DLL that would happen the first time these DLL's are needed. You would also have the first time JIT delay as well.

DA Dave Adair July 7, 2003 03:43 PM UTC

It must be mostly JIT time. 10 seconds is a LONG time when a user is waiting for a web page to load. Is there anything that can be done about this? If JIT is indeed the problem can the Essential Grid assemblies be pre-JITed?

DA Dave Adair July 8, 2003 01:07 PM UTC

I am evaluating another WinForm grid and it has no initial-startup delay and the DLLs involved are comparable in size to Essential Grid's.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon