We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

DropDownCalendarControl JS error

Hi,

I have a DropDownCalendarControl control ()essential suite version 4.401.0.51) in an ascx (framework 1.1) and I can't seem to get it to work. Whenever I click on the arrow to open up the calendar I get an error saying "null has a Null value or is not an object". Any ideas? The Images and Scripts folder are correctly set up.

Thank you,
Jonathan

error60.zip

7 Replies

TS Teddy Smith January 24, 2007 03:13 PM UTC

Correction, the DropDownCalendarControl is not in an ascx but just on an aspx page...

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 25, 2007 05:14 AM UTC

Hi Jonathan,

I have installed the ServicePack v4.4.0.51 and checked for the issue you had reported, but no such errors occured. DateTimeBox and DropDownCalendar control is working fine for us.

This might occur when the installed assemblies and it's dependencies are not referenced properly. So please run the "Assembly Manager and ResetVisual studio ToolBox" from

Start --> Programs --> Syncfusion --> Essential Studio {Installed Version Number} --> Utilities--> Assembly Manager
Start --> Programs --> Syncfusion --> Essential Studio {Installed Version Number} --> TROUBLESHOOTING --> Reset Visual Studio ToolBox

Else, please uninstall the old versions and re-install required Essential Studio version and check it again.

Still If the problem exists, please reproduce the issue in the attached sample and send back to us that will help us to trace out the issue.
Attached Sample link : DDCinsideUserControlandPage.zip

Kindly let me know if this helps you.

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Maheswari

TS Teddy Smith January 25, 2007 10:45 AM UTC

Well I obviously have something wrong with the path to the scripts because your page works fine. However when I inlcude it into my project I get the same error...

If I specify a path for ImageFilesPath and ScriptFilesPath the dropdown image comes up ok but I get the script error then...

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help!
Jonathan

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 26, 2007 02:25 PM UTC

Hi Jonathan,

This issue might be occur when the installed assemblies and it's dependencies are not referenced properly. You can overcome this problem by 2 ways.

1) Please run the "Assembly Manager and ResetVisual studio ToolBox".

2) Please do the following steps :

* Uninstall the 1.1 dlls reference from c:\windows\assembly.

* Copy the following dlls : Syncfusion.Core.dll, Syncfusion.Grid.Base.dll, Syncfusion.Shared.Base.dll, Syncfusion.Shared.Web.dll, Syncfuison.Tools.base.dll, Syncfusion.Tools.Web.dll , from C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.4.0.51\precompiledassemblies\4.4.0.51\1.1.

* Paste it into the following location : C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies

* Drag and drop the copied dlls into c:\windows\assembly.

* Goto Start --> Run.

* Type iisreset /restart and then click ok.

Kindly let me know if this solves the issue otherwise could you please try sending us a small sample illustrating the problem so that it would help us to find out a solution?

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Maheswari.

TS Teddy Smith January 30, 2007 04:23 PM UTC

Hi,

no that doesn't solve it...

I don't understand. If I change the ScriptFilesPath or ImageFilesPath properties to "" in your project the component still works! However if I do the same my main project I still get js errors.

I don't get it. The folder '4.401.0.51' is created alright but that doesn't seem to help...

Don't know how to solve this...

TS Teddy Smith January 30, 2007 04:44 PM UTC

just tried putting my aspx page at the root of the project and it works! So if the if my page is in say "~/pages/user/" what do I have to specify for ScriptFilesPath and ImageFilesPath? It never seems to work out for me...

Thanks for your help!!
Jonathan

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 6, 2007 10:02 AM UTC

Hi Jonathan,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

We couldn't reproduce the issue specified by you. The service pack works fine for us. The problem you are facing might be due to version conflict with the older versions. Please uninstall your older version from public assemblies and GAC before you start working with the service pack provided.

When your run your application make sure that you get the folder '4.401.0.51' in the root of the application which contains the 'Images' and 'Scripts' folders. When you drag and drop the control from the Toolbox, the ImageFilesPath and the
ScriptFilesPath will be set to Syncfusion_4_0_0_0/Resources/SharedWeb/Images/' and '/Syncfusion_4_0_0_0/Resources/SharedWeb/Scripts/' respectively. If not set the ImageFilesPath to /Syncfusion_4_0_0_0/Resources/SharedWeb/Images/ and the ScriptFilesPath to /Syncfusion_4_0_0_0/Resources/SharedWeb/Scripts/ .

If still the problem persits, please attach your sample for reproducing the issue.

Regards,
Valli.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon