We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How to customize the grouping text decription that the ggc automatically displays in the GroupCaptionSection

I have a ggc with a flat datasource that is group by one column.
Assuming that my the name of my group column name is 'ModelName' for example, the ggc always display the text in the GroupCaptionCell as {GroupName}: {GroupNameText} - {} items

for example, if the group column is called 'ModelName' and 'Cars' is one of the ModelName, the GroupCaption Section Cell would show

ModelName: Cars - 23 items
-------
-------
ModelName: Boats - 3 items
-------

I just want to display the the text in the format {GroupNameText} - {} items and leave out the GroupName because it is already included in the header column. I just want to display ...
Cars - 23 items, for example.

4 Replies

HA Hu Anderson January 24, 2007 05:05 PM UTC

Something like this should work:

this.mygrid.ChildGroupOptions.CaptionText = "{CategoryName} - {RecordCount}";

>I have a ggc with a flat datasource that is group by one column.
Assuming that my the name of my group column name is 'ModelName' for example, the ggc always display the text in the GroupCaptionCell as {GroupName}: {GroupNameText} - {} items

for example, if the group column is called 'ModelName' and 'Cars' is one of the ModelName, the GroupCaption Section Cell would show

ModelName: Cars - 23 items
-------
-------
ModelName: Boats - 3 items
-------

I just want to display the the text in the format {GroupNameText} - {} items and leave out the GroupName because it is already included in the header column. I just want to display ...
Cars - 23 items, for example.

JB James Blibo January 24, 2007 05:13 PM UTC

{CategoryName} -{RecordCount} display the same text I had a problem with.

I need something like {CategoryValue} -{RecordCount}.

I need the actual text and not the category name.

RecordCount works, but it does recognized CategoryValue

JB James Blibo January 24, 2007 05:29 PM UTC

found it. it's {Category} and not {CategoryValue}

PA pavelahmed September 16, 2020 12:04 AM UTC

Nice work I have a website: https://www.luxuryusacars.com/

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon