We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GridGroupingControl filtering og SQLdatasource

I'm totaly new at this control.
I have attached an sql datasourge to a grid and the data is read in fine and i can sort the colmns. But when i try and filter on a column then the application freeses and it just says Refreshing... in the status bar.

this is my markup:

DataMember="DefaultView" DataSourceID="SqlDataSource1" Width="793px" EnableCallbacks="true" PageSize="0">

SelectCommand="SELECT [CustomerID], [CompanyName], [ContactName], [ContactTitle] FROM [Customers]">

and in the page load i have:

GridGroupingControl1.DataBind();

3 Replies

TC Tina Christiansen January 24, 2007 12:01 PM UTC

Hummm that wendt wrong trying again:

My markup:

ID="GridGroupingControl1" runat="server" ClientObjectID="" DataMember="DefaultView" DataSourceID="SqlDataSource1" Width="793px" EnableCallbacks="true" PageSize="0">

TC Tina Christiansen January 24, 2007 12:06 PM UTC

Don't know why but it wil not show the markup. I have attached it as a gif in a zip file.

markup.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 29, 2007 10:21 AM UTC

Hi Tina,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Attached is the sample which allows the filtering operation when the Grid Grouping control is binded with the SqlDataSource.

http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/FilterBar_ffdf14ad.zip

Before starting working with the sample remove the SqlDataSource in this sample.Make necessary configuration to your SQL server. Create SqlDataSource1 using NorthWind.mdb from the 'Customers' table with the following fields CustomerID,CompanyName,ContactName,ContactTitle,
Address and City.

To get filtering to work you have set the AllowFilter property to 'True' for the Gird Grouping columns as in the above attached sample. While setting 'AllowFilter' property to true, you will get a design time issue which has been forwarded to our Essential Grid Development Team. Due to this the Grid Grouping functionalities will not get affected, and will work fine.

An Online demo for 'Filtering Options' can be obtained in the link http://www2.syncfusion.com/syncfusion/infrastructure/samplebrowserasp/samples.aspx?version=2_0 , here visit [Grid.Grouping.Web/Filtering/FilterBar Demo].

Please let us know if you have any further queries.

Regards,
Valli.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon