We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

ExtraSection with editable textbox field not retaining value

I have a custom engine that adds a ExtraSection with textbox cells above the header. I want to populate the ExtraSection row to add status information above each column header based on certain logic in my code.

How can I write to specific cells of the ExtraSection row based on specific logic in my code. I also noticed that when I entered a value in the ExtraSection cell and tab away, the value disappear. Please help

10 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 24, 2007 10:37 AM UTC

Hi James,

Thank you for being patience.

The reason for the values not being stored is because the grid does not store any values that are being entered in the extra section. To store any values, an external table have to be maintain like hash table etc.

In the following sample, a gridcontrol is placed in the extra section. The grid cell has been made use of to store the values. Please refer to the following code snippet for more details.
GGC_GCInExtraSection.zip

Another way is to maintain hash table to store the values that are being entered in the text box of the extrasection.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance.
Have a nice day.

Best regards,
Madhan

JB James Blibo February 22, 2007 01:23 PM UTC

I place a button on the form and tried to write to some cells in the gridcontrol like this..

this.gridControl1[1, 5].Text = "5";
this.gridControl1[1, 6].Text = DateTime.Now.ToShortTimeString();
this.gridControl1.Refresh();

...but the value a does not show up until i physically click on the gridcontrol. How can I make the value immediately show up

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 22, 2007 07:16 PM UTC

Hi James,

Is it possible for you to upload us a sample or modify the attached sample to reproduce the issue here? This will help us to analyse the issue further.

GridSetText.zip

Thanks for your patience.

Best regards,
Haneef

JB James Blibo February 22, 2007 08:15 PM UTC

Here's the sample. Click on the button to write some values dynamically to the embedded gridcontrol. The value is written to the gridcontrol cell but is not visible. Click on the extrasection that contains the gridcontrol and the value will now appear.

Issue_.zip

JB James Blibo February 27, 2007 06:43 PM UTC

Any update on this?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 28, 2007 09:36 PM UTC

Hi James,

Your incident #32100 has been updated. Please refer the incident for more details.

Best regards,
Haneef

SK Sameer Khan December 31, 2008 06:26 PM UTC

would it be possible for you to post the answer in the forum?

I am looking to solve a similar problem.

>Hi James,

Your incident #32100 has been updated. Please refer the incident for more details.

Best regards,
Haneef

RC Rajadurai C Syncfusion Team January 2, 2009 01:22 PM UTC

Hi Sameer,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Please refer to the following sample that solves this problem.
http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GGC_GCInExtraSection2_be32eb65.zip

Regards,
Rajadurai

SK Sameer Khan January 2, 2009 02:17 PM UTC

This sample doesn't work right, I removed the grouping at run time, and expanded one of the rows; the app immediatley crashes.

In any case; I was looking for ideas on how to add a combo box and a check box which actually retains it's value after a selection has been made.

I saw one example of a combobox; which didnt retain it's value.

I tried adding a check box, and it would not accept values.

If there is some documentation that I can read and understand the process better, then please post a link to that.

If not; I am hoping that you would provide me with a working example of a check box; combo box, user control in the extra section.

RC Rajadurai C Syncfusion Team January 3, 2009 10:41 AM UTC

Hi Sameer,

Please followup with the following forum thread as this is the duplicate of #58781
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/message.aspx?MessageID=58781

Regards,
Rajadurai

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon