We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

CSS Page Breaks

Hi,

Two months ago I asked about "honoring" CSS page breaks during html conversion, and I received the following reply:

Currently we do not have support for CSS Page breaks in HTML to PDF conversion. However, we already have afuture request for CSS Page break (Request #1293).

I cannot find the request number mentioned. Has this been implemented or is it still pending?

Thanks

Stephen Turner

6 Replies

DK Dhivya K Syncfusion Team January 24, 2007 01:52 PM UTC

Hi Stephen,

FR #1293 is in Open status. I have consulted the development team. Currently we do not have any immediate plans of implementing this feature in the near future. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please let me know if you have any other queries.

Regards,
Dhivya.

ST Stephen Turner January 24, 2007 02:20 PM UTC

Does the development team suggest any workarounds? I tried using HTMLToDLS, and the results were utterly horrid (I had been using HtmlConverter when I first encountered this problem, decided to try DLS). The problem of having tables truncated mid-cell (mid-row) was replaced by having the table headers placed at seemingly random spots and losing all of the shading and table borders. We are using xslt to create this html from some xml, and from there we want to transform to pdf. The html prints just fine (no broken rows) from IE, and we need to get similar results in pdf. I can send you an example of the html in question, but I would rather not post it in a public forum.

I don't want to sound overly harsh, but this issue could cause our company to abandon plans to use this product if not remedied in the near future (within the year). Please add my voice to any others that are asking for this feature.

If there is anybody else interested in this, please add your voice as well :)

Thank you for your prompt response, however, and have a nice day!

Stephen Turner

DK Dhivya K Syncfusion Team January 25, 2007 01:03 PM UTC

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for explaining the issue in detail. Currently we do not have fullfledge support for Html to PDF conversion using HtmlToDls converter. Html To Dls converter can convert only simple Html tags.It doesn't support style sheets. Can you please consider using HtmlConverter? This will convert the web page as image and render it into PDF.
Also, could you please create a direct trac incident and provide me your sample html file so that the files can be kept confidential. This will help me to test your file with HtmlConverter and HtmlToDls converter in internal version and provide you with an update regarding this issue.

Regards,
Dhivya.

ST Stephen Turner January 25, 2007 04:45 PM UTC

I did use HtmlConverter...and that's where I found that page breaks were not honored. Sorry, I should have made it clear that the DLS experiment I did was my attempt to see if DLS was any better than HTMLConverter. I suspect as wellthat had I read the docs more closely, I would have seen that this was intended only for simple HTML.

I will do as you suggest and create a Direct-Trac entry with my html. I will let you know what the number is.

Thanks!

ST Stephen Turner January 25, 2007 06:30 PM UTC

Just wanted to let you know I submitted the incident, number 31384

DK Dhivya K Syncfusion Team January 26, 2007 01:13 PM UTC

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the update. I have updated in the incident.

Regards,
Dhivya.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon