We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

EditControl state serialization

Hi,

Is there any possibility to save editcontrol state?
For example, if user change property ShowLineNumbers through Options, and after next load this property will be set?

What is the simplest way to do that? Can it be done without explicit enumeration of all control properties?

Thanks in advance

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 30, 2007 02:13 AM UTC

Hi Olga,

Our apologies for the delayed response. We are looking in to this issue and will update you with more information within a day.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Ebenezer.P

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 1, 2007 01:27 AM UTC

Hi Olga,

It is possible to save EditControl state. I have attached a sample that illustrates this. Let me know if this meets your requirements.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Ebenezer.P

sample

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 1, 2007 03:11 PM UTC

Hi,

No, you simply save only LineNumber property:

hashtable1.Add("LineNumber",this.editControl1.ShowLineNumbers);

How could I know which properties were changed by user - Line Number was only an example.

User selects Options and changes several option - line numbers, margins, whatever... - there are a lot of them.

I just want to serialize the current state of the control - in order to set those options on the next start.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 1, 2007 09:58 PM UTC

Hi Olga,

I am afraid, this feature is currently not available in the EditControl. We have considered this as feature request and will notify you when the feature has been implemented.

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Ebenezer.P

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon