We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Lost ability to reorder columns after ExcelLikeCurrentCell = True in GDBG

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

55002 Jan 22,2007 12:36 PM Jan 22,2007 01:28 PM Windows Forms 1
Tags: GridControl
Patrick Rumery
Asked On January 22, 2007 12:36 PM

v 4.402.0.51
I lost the ability to reorder columns after I set ExcelLikeCurrentCell = True. I can sort, but I can't change the order of the columns. My goal is to remember the last cell before a database refresh so I can set that cell active. The grid has 30+ columns and is a pain to the users to refresh and then have to scroll back to the last cell they were using. If I turn off ExcelLikeCurrentCell I lose the ability to set the active cell. It will set the row , but the column is always set to 1. What am I doing wrong?

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On January 22, 2007 01:28 PM

Hi Prumery,

By default, setting ExcelLikeCurrentCell mode disables dragging columns. This is by design since selecting rows in ExcelLikeCurrentCell mode does not allow other types of selections (like selecting columns to drag them).

If you want to support the ExcelLikeCurrentCell behavior in a grid, then you can use the PrepareViewStyleInfo event and set the Border style for the currentcell. Then handle the CurrentCellActivated event to add the selection with Currentcell. Please refer to the attached sample for more details.

Sample : GDBGTag.zip

Best Regards,
Haneef

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;