We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Strange grid control behavior ..please help!

I am seeing this behavior in my grid control.

I have a combo box and when an item is selected, the grid control is populated with data based on the selection. I have see that when I move between two items in a combo box, the grid seems to flicker and I can see the action of clearing out grid(which I do in code) and repopulating it. Is there any property I can set for the grid so that this does not happen?

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 19, 2007 03:20 PM UTC

Does someone have an answer to this problem? Thanks.

>I am seeing this behavior in my grid control.

I have a combo box and when an item is selected, the grid control is populated with data based on the selection. I have see that when I move between two items in a combo box, the grid seems to flicker and I can see the action of clearing out grid(which I do in code) and repopulating it. Is there any property I can set for the grid so that this does not happen?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 19, 2007 03:55 PM UTC

Hi Matt,

The flickering problem can be avoided by populating the grid between the BeginUpdate() and EndUpdate() calls.

grid.BeginUpdate();
////code///
grid.EndUpdate( false );

Let me know if this helps.

Best Regards,
Haneef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 19, 2007 10:38 PM UTC

Haneef,

That did not solve it.

I will try and describe to you the events.
1. A blank form opens with no selections. I have initialized the grid with default values. (Some cells can only have the value of "1" and are read only etc.)
2. A user then can select a value from a combobox and the grid is populated. I set IgnoreReadOnly property to true, clear the cells and then re-populate it with the data selected. This is when I have an issue with flickering. If I keep changing the selecting from the combobox by pressing the down arrow key, the grid as it's being populated flickers.

If I populate the grid values between Grid.BeginUpdate() and Grid.EndUpdate(false), I can't see any of the data or the cell headers on the grid. If I mouse over the header cell's it shows the data of that cell but all the other cells, no data.

Some times when I am debugging, I can see the values. I am not sure what I am missing. Let me know if you have any thoughts on this or if you have any questions.

Thanks again for you help.

Matt.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 19, 2007 10:50 PM UTC

Hi Matt,

Try calling Invalidate method to refresh the grid.

grid.BeginUpdate();
////code///
grid.Invalidate();
grid.EndUpdate( false );

Best Regards,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon