We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Error in using NewCellModel for GridCombo box

Hi,

I am using Syncfusion 4.4.0.51 and .NET 2.0.
In my application I am using a gridControl. I have one of the cell types as combo box. When I choose a value on the combo box (ex. Test1","Test2","Test3") the next column will be changed accordingly. For one of the text, say for example "Test2", the next column is changed to use a new cell type with a custom cell renderer. But after closing the new cell type, I try to access the combo box text chosen in the previous combo box in the CurrentCellCloseDropDown event. But the combo box cell value is not correctly retrieved. It rather gives the previously selected text in the combo box. Kindly let me know whether this is a known issue or is there a work around for this?

I have uploaded the sample application.
In the sample application follow these steps to simulate the problem.
1. Run the Application.
2.Choose "Test1" in the combo box in column C
3. Then choose "Test2" in the same combobox.
4.The Cell in Column D will be populated with the New Cell Type. A dropdown box with two cells will be displayed.
5. Now click anywhere in the grid to close the dropdown box.
6. A Message box showing "Test1" will be displayed. Rather this should have been "Test2".

Thanks
Rohith.C

GridcomboBoxDropDown issue.zip

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 18, 2007 06:36 PM UTC

Hi Rohith,

Try calling the Model.EndEdit() method in the CurrentCellCloseDropDown event of the grid.

gridControl.Model.EndEdit();

Here is a modified sample.
GridcomboBoxDropDown issue.zip

Best Regards,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon