We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Does xlsio work with VS 2003 and if so is it the same as 2005?

I downloaded the evaluation version of your product for Asp.net but it seems to only have installed the DLLs for VS2005. I tried it out in VS2005 and it seems to work all right, but the DLLs would not load in VS2003.

In particular I'm worried about the following. I saw in a feature request the request for the ability to read formulas from addins, and I also saw that it had been immplemented. I tried it in VS2005 and it works as I would expect it to. (I haven't found any of your competitors that allow this). If you have a VS2003 version, does it work identically to the VS2005 version? How can I get an evaluation version, so I can try it before I buy it?

Thanks

5 Replies

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team January 18, 2007 09:56 AM UTC

Hi Gary,

Thank you for your interest in Essential XlsIO.

Essential XlsIO provide support for VS2003 also. VS2003 version works identically to the VS2005 version. However syncfusionessentialaspstudiosetup.exe (Asp.net) will have only DLLs for VS2005. Could you please download the syncfusionessentialbackofficestudiosetup.exe (Essential Studio BackOffice Edition), which supports VS2003 also from the following link?

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/evaluation/default.aspx

This does not have only samples for 1.1 framework(Asp.net). But there wont be any problem in running application in VS2003.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,
Melba

GN Gary Nelson January 18, 2007 01:21 PM UTC

Thanks very much, it worked as you said. I have just placed my order for Essential Studio BackOffice.

Gary

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team January 19, 2007 03:50 AM UTC

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear that it works fine.

Best Regards,
Melba

BR Brad May 3, 2007 01:41 PM UTC

Hi, I've downloaded the trial version of Essential BackOffice, but I can't find any xlsio .dll's that can be added into a VS2003 project? Could you point me in the right direction?

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team May 4, 2007 08:36 AM UTC

Hi Brad,

Could you please refer the below documentation to get the assemblies in 1.1 .NET framework?

http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/Install.pdf

Kindly let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Melba

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon