We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Error after adding components to Toolbar

Hi,

I'm using version 3.3 and have upgraded to Visual Studio 2005. My VS2003 project converted fine. Now, I've added all of the Syncfusion Windows form components to the Toolbox and when I drag any of the Syncfusion items onto my form, I get the following error:

---------------------------
Microsoft Visual Studio
Failed to create component 'MainFrameBarManager'. The error message follows: 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8004D745): A reference to the component 'Syncfusion.Tools.Windows' already exists in the project. at VSLangProj.References.Add(String bstrPath) at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.VSTypeResolutionService.PerformReferenceUpdate(List`1 newReferences) at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.VSTypeResolutionService.System.ComponentModel.Design.ITypeResolutionService.ReferenceAssembly(AssemblyName name) at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.AggregateTypeResolutionService.ReferenceAssembly(AssemblyName name) at System.Drawing.Design.ToolboxItem.GetType(IDesignerHost host, AssemblyName assemblyName, String typeName, Boolean reference) at System.Drawing.Design.ToolboxItem.CreateComponentsCore(IDesignerHost host) at System.Drawing.Design.ToolboxItem.CreateComponentsCore(IDesignerHost host, IDictionary defaultValues) at System.Drawing.Design.ToolboxItem.CreateComponents(IDesignerHost host, IDictionary defaultValues) at System.W...'
OK

Any ideas?

5 Replies

MU Murugan Syncfusion Team January 17, 2007 10:59 PM UTC

Hi Helmut,

Please do the following steps.

1.Delete the Syncfusion reference dll from SolutionExplorer Window -> Reference

2.Add required Syncfusion dlls now.

3.Select a control in ToolBox and drag to Form.

Please try the above steps and let me know if this resolves the issue.

Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Murugan P.S

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 18, 2007 10:16 PM UTC

Thanks! That did it. Had to replace all Syncfusion references, but it works. Thanks again.

>Hi Helmut,

Please do the following steps.

1.Delete the Syncfusion reference dll from SolutionExplorer Window -> Reference

2.Add required Syncfusion dlls now.

3.Select a control in ToolBox and drag to Form.

Please try the above steps and let me know if this resolves the issue.

Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Murugan P.S

MU Murugan Syncfusion Team January 19, 2007 04:14 PM UTC

Hi Helmet,

Thank you for your update.

Regards,
Murugan P.S

OL Olivier April 26, 2017 10:58 AM UTC

Hi,

I get the same problem with VS2013 and Syncfusion 15.1450.0.33. If I remove Syncfusion.Diagram.Windows I get an error after launch

this.diagram1.Model = this.model1 => System.ArgumentNullException.

even if I added again diagram1/model1.

Thanks for any help,

Olivier

NG Naganathan Ganesh Babu Syncfusion Team April 27, 2017 12:23 PM UTC

Hi Olivier, 

Please note that, while upgrading old to new framework version, we need to replace all referenced assemblies i.e. assembly’s framework version as same as the upgraded version of the framework.  

Here are details of referring Dlls version for particular .NET framework: 

.Net Framework 
Dlls 

If we misunderstood your requirement, please share us more details about your requirement probably a previous framework version of your project or video or screen shot of the error details which will help us to analyze further and provide you a better solution. 

Regards, 

Naganathan K G 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon