We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

formatting syntex

Hi,
V4.4.0.51 and VS2003

in GGC, I used customized setting string for numeric and date cell format.

the code is like:
// Table field formatting string is entered by user and saved in a field definition table
// such as sFormat="yyyy/MM/dd" for date field, "$###,###,#" for numeric dolloars field
string sFormat=GetFormattingFromFieldSetting(ColumnName);
if (sFormat!="") this.gdBase.TableDescriptor.Columns[ColumnName].Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.Format=sFormat;

I want to build a form to guide user to setup the format string. Where can I find the document for the formatting syntex? or do you have any built-in sample or tool for this purpose?

Thanks,

Lan

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 16, 2007 04:59 PM UTC

Hi Lan,

The TextFormat Browser Sample shows you how to format the data in your grid. You can see the code that formats numbers and dates. It also has code that does the validation on the cell values as you leave the cell. Essential Grid uses the .Net Framework formatting support so that there is no additional learning curve involved. As a result of the .Net Framework, the formatting is culture sensitive.

Here is a path
[install drive]\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.4.0.49\windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\Appearance\TextFormat\

Best Regards,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon