We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GridControl Column title

Hi
I am really new at this and am trying to evaluate the GridControl. I couldnt seem to find where I set the column Title. instead of A B C. I see that the GridDataBoundGrid allows it... Am I missing out on something. Isnt the GridControl supposed to be an expansion on the Visual Studio 2005 DataGridView...

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 16, 2007 03:41 PM UTC

Hi Ryan,

Please refer to the following forum thread for more details.
https://www.syncfusion.com/support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=18450

Best Regards,
Haneef

RH Ryan Hardoon January 17, 2007 07:06 AM UTC

Hi Haneef
Thanks for your fast response. I wrote the code required and it does work... However I was wondering why the only way of setting the title is by actually writing code. Why cant I do it in the designer itself.
Thanks.

>Hi Ryan,

Please refer to the following forum thread for more details.
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=18450

Best Regards,
Haneef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 17, 2007 09:41 AM UTC

You can set it in the designer as well. Choose the Edit verb or smarttag to bring up the interactive grid designer. Then click on the column header you want to set. If the whole column gets selected at this point, then in the Grid properties, turn off the Column flag in the AllowSelection property. (This flag is on by default.) Then re-click the column header to get rid of the column selection so only the header is clicked. (After setting the header texts, you can reset the Column flag if you want it on.)

Once the header is the only cell clicked, then on the SelectedRange tab, set the Text property for the cell.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 18, 2007 08:42 AM UTC

Hi Clay
Gee thanks... Yes it work.... I really cant understand why it is so unintuitive however at least I see the solution...
Thanks.

>You can set it in the designer as well. Choose the Edit verb or smarttag to bring up the interactive grid designer. Then click on the column header you want to set. If the whole column gets selected at this point, then in the Grid properties, turn off the Column flag in the AllowSelection property. (This flag is on by default.) Then re-click the column header to get rid of the column selection so only the header is clicked. (After setting the header texts, you can reset the Column flag if you want it on.)

Once the header is the only cell clicked, then on the SelectedRange tab, set the Text property for the cell.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon