We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Tabbing to and within Grid Control - Please Help!

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

54627 Jan 12,2007 03:27 PM UTC Oct 21,2008 03:34 AM UTC Windows Forms 5
Tags: GridControl
Administrator [Syncfusion]
Asked On January 12, 2007 03:27 PM UTC

Hi,

I have a post earlier about tabbing in grid control. But after trying a few things, here's what I've learned -

I have 8 controls on a form. 2 Combo box, followed by 2 Essential Grid Controls, 1 TextBox, 3 Buttons.

I need to tab between these controls and enable tabbing in the grid control as well. The Grid Control has no RowHeaders.

I have set tabIndex of all the controls, but when it comes to the grid, the tabbing does not work within or to another control.

In form load event I have set the following property
WrapCellBehavior = GridWrapCellBehavior.WrapRow
for both the grids.

If someone can tell me how I can handle this, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Replied On January 13, 2007 08:32 PM UTC

To use the tab both within the grid and also onto the next control, you need to use the GridWrapCellBehavior.NextControlInForm setting.

Here is a sample with 2 comboboxes, 2 gridcontrols, 1 textbox and 3 buttons. The grids do not show the row headers. It shows the minimal grid property settings to see the tabbing work on the grids.

http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/WindowsApplication60_76df0c4e.zip

Replied On January 15, 2007 07:23 PM UTC

Thanks for the information. I tried and that worked if I hide the row headers. I would like not to have them at all since it takes up extra space even if I hide it and gives me scroll bars. Any way out of that. Can I not tab in the grid control if the Row Headers are set to false..

Replied On January 15, 2007 07:35 PM UTC

I got it to work by disabling the HScrollBehaviour and VScrollBehaviour. Thanks a lot for you help. I really appreciate it. The forums are very helpful.

Someswara Rao K
Replied On October 17, 2008 01:42 PM UTC

Please help to download zip file.

Rajadurai C [Syncfusion]
Replied On October 21, 2008 03:34 AM UTC

Hi,

Now the zip file download works. Please try the following link

http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/WindowsApplication60_76df0c4e.zip

Regards,
Rajadurai

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;