We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

DropDownGrid in GridGroupingControl

Hi,
I have a Dataset named DSET with two tables EMP,DEPT.
EMP contains columns EMP_ID, ENAME, DEPT_NO,ADDRESS.
DEPT contains columns DEPT_NO, DEPT_NAME,DEPT_DESCRIPTION.

In my GridGroupingControl, I am setting the DataSource property as
this.gridGroupingControl.DataSource=DSET.Tables["EMP"];

The requirement is, the column DEPT_NO should be a GridDropDownList of type GridGroupingControl or GridDataBoundGrid. In the DropDownGrid, contents of the table DEPT should come. when user selects a row from the dropdown, the DEPT_NO of the selected row should be populated into the DEPT_NO of the EMP grid.

I have gone through the EmployeeTeritoryOrder sample. But I i am confusing. Please send me a simple solution asap
Please send me a simple

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 12, 2007 10:43 AM UTC

Hi Chakravarthi,

Here is a minimal sample which implements the RelationKind.ForeignKeyReference relation.
GridRelationSample.zip

Also refer to the below sample for implementing the DropdownGrid in a cell. In this sample ,a custom CellType can be created, it requires a model class and a renderer class. The model class handles the serialization requirements for the control and creates the renderer class. The renderer class handles the UI requirements of the cell. This sample in \Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.1.0.10\windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\In Depth\DerivedCellControlTutorial can be referred.Please look at the sample for more detail

Sample : GridListEditSample.zip

Best Regards,
Haneef

CO Chakravarthi Os January 13, 2007 12:29 PM UTC

Hi,
Thankyou verymuch for your help.

CO Chakravarthi Os January 13, 2007 12:49 PM UTC

Hi Haneef,

It really solved my problem. But, I have a 2 questions.

Question 1.

I have a DataTable with columns ProductId,ProductName,ChannelId, ChannelName,ModId,ModName...etc.
I have grouped these records(Please see the attachment.
In the QueryCoveredRange event handler, i have merged the cells and changed the cell type to "GridListEdit".

The problem is when i choose a value from the dropdowd grid, it is just updating only the cell in the first row in the range. all the cells in the merged range should should be updated.

Question 2

I have formulas in my cells. when i do sorting, the reference should be maintained.How can i do that? and, how do i set formulas like =SUM(R[-5]c:r[-1]C)?

Please provide solutions asap.

Awaiting reply.
Thanks & Regards
Chakravarthi

Problem6.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 17, 2007 06:03 PM UTC

Hi Chakravarthi,

Your fourm thread #54708 has been updated.

Thanks,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon