We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How can you disable the ''Tabbed Document '' option for docked controls

In an MDI form using TabbedMDIManager and a DockingManager, I want to prevent the 'Tabbed Document' option from appearing in the docking ropdown of the docked controls. Is there an easy way of achieving this?

3 Replies

MU Murugan Syncfusion Team January 11, 2007 03:24 PM UTC

Hi Guy,

This could be achieved by handling dockingManager1_DockContextMenu and dockingManager1_DockAllow events.

Here is the code snippet:

private void dockingManager1_DockContextMenu(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockContextMenuEventArgs arg)
{
Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.XPMenus.PopupMenu p = arg.ContextMenu;
p.ParentBarItem.Items[2].Visible = false;
}

private void dockingManager1_DockAllow(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockAllowEventArgs arg)
{
if (arg.DockStyle == Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockingStyle.Tabbed && arg.TargetControl == this )
{
arg.Cancel = true;
}
}

Herewith I have also attached the sample. Please have a look at the sample and let me know if it helps.

MDIChild

Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Murugan P.S

GM Guy Mahieu January 16, 2007 09:44 AM UTC

Thanks, it looks like it works. I decided to disable the context menu for the dockingmanager altogether though.

Guy

MU Murugan Syncfusion Team January 19, 2007 04:09 PM UTC

Hi Guy,

Thank you for your update.

Regards,
Murugan P.S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon