We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

upgrade issue:ChartControl default background color

Hi,
upgrade our product application from v3.3.0.0 to v4.4.0.51 in VS2003, the ChartControl's default background color has been changed. Please see attached jpg files.

I want to set the backgound color as default in v3.3.0.0. Which property I should set?

Thanks,

Lan

10 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 8, 2007 09:51 PM UTC

Sorry, I've forgotten to attach the files.

>Hi,
upgrade our product application from v3.3.0.0 to v4.4.0.51 in VS2003, the ChartControl's default background color has been changed. Please see attached jpg files.

I want to set the backgound color as default in v3.3.0.0. Which property I should set?

Thanks,

Lan

Color.zip

SB Suresh Babu Syncfusion Team January 8, 2007 11:30 PM UTC

Hi Lan,

The default Background color can be changed by setting the properties Chart Control's 'BackInterior', 'ChartInterior' and Chart Area's 'BackInterior'.

1) You can write the code in Form Load event.
2) Or Change the existing code which is available in “Windows Form Designer generated code” region

Please look into the following sample code.

this.chartControl1.BackInterior = new Syncfusion.Drawing.BrushInfo(Syncfusion.Drawing.GradientStyle.None, System.Drawing.Color.White, System.Drawing.Color.White);
this.chartControl1.ChartArea.BackInterior = new Syncfusion.Drawing.BrushInfo(Syncfusion.Drawing.GradientStyle.None, System.Drawing.Color.White, System.Drawing.Color.White);
this.chartControl1.ChartInterior = new Syncfusion.Drawing.BrushInfo(Syncfusion.Drawing.GradientStyle.None, System.Drawing.Color.White, System.Drawing.Color.White);

Please take a look into the sample attached for more details.

Change Background Color sample

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Sureshbabu

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 9, 2007 02:01 PM UTC

Hi,
in V4.4.0.51, for the default chartcontrol background color, there is a light-white line under the chart title. How to hide it?
Thanks,

Lan

>Hi Lan,

The default Background color can be changed by setting the properties Chart Control's 'BackInterior', 'ChartInterior' and Chart Area's 'BackInterior'.

1) You can write the code in Form Load event.
2) Or Change the existing code which is available in “Windows Form Designer generated code” region

Please look into the following sample code.

this.chartControl1.BackInterior = new Syncfusion.Drawing.BrushInfo(Syncfusion.Drawing.GradientStyle.None, System.Drawing.Color.White, System.Drawing.Color.White);
this.chartControl1.ChartArea.BackInterior = new Syncfusion.Drawing.BrushInfo(Syncfusion.Drawing.GradientStyle.None, System.Drawing.Color.White, System.Drawing.Color.White);
this.chartControl1.ChartInterior = new Syncfusion.Drawing.BrushInfo(Syncfusion.Drawing.GradientStyle.None, System.Drawing.Color.White, System.Drawing.Color.White);

Please take a look into the sample attached for more details.

Change Background Color sample

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Sureshbabu

SB Suresh Babu Syncfusion Team January 10, 2007 12:09 AM UTC

Hi Lan,

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention.

I am able to reproduce the issue in Syncfusion version 4.4.0.51.

So we have filed a bug report in our internal defect tracking system. We have requested our developer to provide more information regarding the time frame to fix this issue. Hope we can provide you with more information within a week.

Please try the following steps and let me know if this helps.

[C#]
1) this.chartControl1.ChartArea.BorderStyle = BorderStyle.None;

2) Or this.chartControl1.SmoothingMode = SmoothingMode.None;

3) Or this.chartControl1.ChartArea.BorderStyle = BorderStyle.Fixed3D;
this.chartControl1.ChartArea.BorderWidth = 0;

4) Or this.chartControl1.ChartArea.BorderStyle = BorderStyle.Fixed3D;
this.chartControl1.ChartArea.BorderColor = Color.Transparent;

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Regards,
Sureshbabu

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 11, 2007 03:28 PM UTC

Thanks for help.

I got another upgrade issue (from v3.3.0.0 to v4.4.0.51) for indexed type chart. in v3.3.0.0, my chart displays YAxis well from 0, now it displays from -100. Attached files is my code and chart image. Any idea?

Lan

IndexedChart.zip

SB Suresh Babu Syncfusion Team January 12, 2007 12:49 AM UTC

Hi Lan,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Currently I am working into this issue.

I will update you with in 24 hours.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,
Sureshbabu

SB Suresh Babu Syncfusion Team January 12, 2007 08:43 PM UTC

Hi Lan,

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention.

To display Y axis from 0 while the chart is in “Indexed mode”, you can set the following properties which will remove unnecessary spaces at the edges.

1) this.chartControl1.PrimaryXAxis.RangePaddingType = ChartAxisRangePaddingType.None;
this.chartControl1.PrimaryYAxis.RangePaddingType = ChartAxisRangePaddingType.None;

2) this.chartControl1.PrimaryXAxis.RangeType = ChartAxisRangeType.Set;
this.chartControl1.PrimaryXAxis.Range.Min = 0;
this.chartControl1.PrimaryYAxis.RangeType = ChartAxisRangeType.Set;
this.chartControl1.PrimaryYAxis.Range.Min = 0;

Please have a look into this sample which will help you.

Chart Axis Range.zip

Let me know if you have any more queries.

Thanks,
Sureshbabu

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 16, 2007 03:43 PM UTC

Thanks for help. I get it work now.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 22, 2007 10:19 AM UTC

Hi Lan,

We have forwarded this issue to our developers. We will update with the fix for this issue on March12th 2007. You can keep track of the progress of the issue from the below link
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/issues/chart/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=3347

Thanks&Regards,
Sharmila

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 19, 2007 02:57 PM UTC

>Thanks for help. I get it work now.

=================================================

Hello Lan,
Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion’s products. We have a patch ready for you. While I was trying to create an incident for you in Direct Trac so that you could receive it, I found that I was not able to locate a license in your account, when I searched our database with the following e-mail address: lan.mo@statnec.com.

To ensure that you receive the fastest possible response times from our support team, it’s important that we keep your account up to date.

It is our general policy to assign each license to its end user. If you are the developer working with a colleague’s license, it would be best to transfer the license to your account. All I need to make the transfer is an authorization email from COLLEAGUE WHO HOLDS THE LICENSE.

Along with ensuring timely responses, we would like you to be able to download updates via our online Direct-Trac support center. We can only ensure this service if your record is accurate and complete.

We appreciate your business. I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Srilatha

Srilatha Rajamani
Technical Support Coordinator
srilathar@syncfusion.com

Syncfusion, Inc - .NET Essentials
http://www.syncfusion.com
9001 Aerial Center Parkway, Suite 110, Morrisville, NC 27560
Tollfree: +1-888-936-8638 Direct Tel: +1-919-481-1974 extn:239
Fax: +1-919-573-0306

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile