We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

copyto problem

I have attached a sample that copies a range from a source workbook/worksheet to a new workbook/worksheet. The source worksheet is located in the bin\debug directory and is called "myexcel.xls". And the destination workbook/worksheet is saved to the bin\debug directory and is called "sample.xls". However, if you take a look at the output of the destination, the copied range is all messed up. Please advise

Thanks

GA

GA

ExportToExcel1.zip

9 Replies

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team January 9, 2007 01:13 PM UTC

Hi GA,

I was able to reproduce the problem. I have forwarded this issue to the development team. I will provide an update when I hear back from them. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Melba

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team January 31, 2007 03:01 PM UTC

Hi GA,

The fix for this issue will be available by 02/20/07. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you for your patience.

Best Regards,
Melba

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 1, 2007 03:23 PM UTC

Can you tell me why you need to copy whole worksheet, then clear it and then copy it but using Range object? Isn't it simplier just to copy whole worksheet and that's all?

GA Giancarlo Aguilera February 1, 2007 04:17 PM UTC

Well in this particular sample I gave I definitely could get away with just copying the entire worksheet as opposed to the range "test", since this range makes up the entire contents of the worksheet.

However, what I would like to be able to do reliably is have a worksheet that can contain many different formatted ranges, each one of which I can copy to another worksheet. Example, assume I have a report that contains a formatted group header and group footer. I would then have a template worksheet that contains this formatted group header and group footer, each one being a different range. Then when this report is rendered, for each new group encountered, I would first copy the group footer range from the template to the worksheet the report in being rendered on for the group that is currently being closed, if any, and then I would copy the header range over to the report worksheet for the new group. You follow me?

Thanks!

Identity yourself! :)

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team February 2, 2007 12:47 PM UTC

Hi GA,

Thanks for your detailed explanation.

Thanks,
Melba

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 2, 2007 03:59 PM UTC

As workaround you can try to copy your worksheet with header / footer data into report's workbook. And then copy data from that "localized" worksheet where needed. And remove worksheet with header / footer data after generation.

MW Melba Winshia Syncfusion Team February 5, 2007 02:05 PM UTC

Hi,

Thanks for your workaround.

Thanks,
Melba

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 7, 2007 11:38 AM UTC

Hi Giancarlo,

Sorry for the delayed response.We will provide you the fix in the march second week. Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Sivasankari

SJ Sivasankari J Syncfusion Team March 1, 2007 01:26 PM UTC

Hi Giancarlo,

We have fixed this issue, since this is a critical and a known issue. Could you please create an incident?, so that it will be helpful to us to send the patch that resolves the issue.

Thank you for your patience.

And thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Best Regards,
Sivasankari

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon