We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on : Nov 16th 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Binding to business object - Bug?

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

54398 Jan 8,2007 03:22 PM UTC Jan 9,2007 08:14 AM UTC WinForms 2
Tags: GridControl
Administrator [Syncfusion]
Asked On January 8, 2007 03:22 PM UTC

Hi,

I have a GGC which is bound to a business object. The business object allows me to add more columns during runtime.

I have attached a sample application. When I click on the "Add Column" button a new column is added to the grid (it seems everything is fine). Now when I change a cell value before I click on the "Add Column" button, the grid freezes followed by a strange exception. It seems the painting of the grid gets stuck.

It would be great if someone can take a look at that issue. Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Chris

BindingExample4.zip

Replied On January 9, 2007 07:34 AM UTC

Hi Chris,

You can handle the SourceListRecordChanging event and set e.Cancel = true when e.TableListChangedEventArgs is null. Andalso you need to set the Engine.UseOldListChangedHandler = true. Here is a code snippet.

gridGroupingControl1.Engine.UseOldListChangedHandler = true;
gridGroupingControl1.SourceListRecordChanging += new Syncfusion.Grouping.RecordChangedEventHandler(gridGroupingControl1_SourceListRecordChanging);

void gridGroupingControl1_SourceListRecordChanging(object sender, Syncfusion.Grouping.RecordChangedEventArgs e)
{
if (e.TableListChangedEventArgs == null)
e.Cancel = true;
}

Please refer to the modified sample for implementation.
ModifiedBindingExample.zip

Best Regards,
Haneef

Replied On January 9, 2007 08:14 AM UTC

Hi Haneef,

thank you very much - your suggestion did the job.

Cheers,
Chris

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;