We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

RibbonControlAdv and TabbedMdiManager Issue

Using RibbonForm/RibbonControlAdv along with TabbedMdiManager causes a peculiar issue. You are not able to move the main window using the mouse by grabbing the title area of the window.

Repro attached.

Mushtaque --

RibbonFormAndTabbedMdi.zip

4 Replies

GS Gopalakrishnan S Syncfusion Team January 5, 2007 09:59 PM UTC

Hi Mushtaque,

Thanks for the sample. We could see the issue here. We could call the AttachToMdiContainer mehtod of the TabbedMdiManager in forms constructor instead of calling in Form_Load event.

Here is the code snippet:

pulbic partial class Form1 : RibbonForm
{
public Form1()
{
tabbedMdiManager = new TabbedMdiManager();
tabbedMdiManager.AttachToMdiContainer(this);
}
}

However this is a defect. We will update the defect link and time frame for the fix after consulting with the developers.

Regards,
S.Gopal.

MS Mushtaque Silat January 6, 2007 10:38 PM UTC

This workaround doesn't seem to be working. Initially you can move the main window but as soon as some MDI windows are opened, the main window cannot be moved anymore.

Mushtaque --

GS Gopalakrishnan S Syncfusion Team January 8, 2007 03:13 PM UTC

Hi Mushtaque,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I have tested the workground sample. Here it is working fine. Herewith I have attached the video file that shows the execution of the workaround sample.

RibbonControl_vedio.zip

Please let me know if I understand your requirement properly.

Thanks,
S.Gopal.

GS Gopalakrishnan S Syncfusion Team January 29, 2007 06:04 PM UTC

Hi Mushtaque,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We will fix this issue within the last week of february. You can track the progress of bug fix through the below given link.

Defect #3326 - The form does not move when tabbedMdi attached with RibbonForm

Thanks,
S.Gopal.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon