We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

ASP: Treeview - Non indenting

I am using master pages and have a limited width left hand content area to place a navigational "menu" for my website.

The "menu" has a root level and can go 3 children deep. I will be populating the "menu" from a Database programmatically:

Is it possible to use a treeview and override indenting so that no indenting occurs for the children.
Instead of this:
+A
+A1
A1a
+A1b
A1b1
A1b2
A1b3
A1c
A2
A3
B
C
D

I want this:
+A
+A1
A1a
+A1b
A1b1
A1b2
A1b3
A1c
A2
A3
B
C
D

I will use colors/styles to distinquish levels.

I also looked at groupbars but couldn't figure out how to programmatically populate them and if nesting was possible programmatically and not declaratively and have only 1 path expanded at a time.

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 5, 2007 06:19 PM UTC

When the sample posted it collapsed the leading spaces. So I put .'s to represent the spaces of what it is doing not what I want it to do
+A
..+A1
....A1a
...+A1b
.....A1b1
.....A1b2
.....A1b3
....A1c
...A2
...A3
.B
.C
.D

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 8, 2007 12:09 PM UTC

Hi,

Yes. You can achieve the no-indenting feature for the children either by using Menu Control or TreeView Control.

To achieve No-indenting feature :

using MenuControl : Set Menu's 'StaticSubMenuIndent' property as '0px'.

using TreeView Control : Set TreeView's 'LineImageWidth' property as '0px'.

Kindly please look into the Groupbar-Programmatic Creation Sample in the below link:
http://www2.syncfusion.com/syncfusion/infrastructure/samplebrowserasp/samples.aspx?version=2_0(Traverse to the following Sample: Tools.Web/GroupBar - BasicFeatures/Programmatic Creation.)

Regards,
Maheswari

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon