We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

bug in GridGroupingControl ?!?

Hi, when I am using a GGC with a nested table, displayed as combobox, which is grouped by a column it is not possible to sort by the nested table / combocox column. If you do so, the displayed data is totally deranged, recordsets are disappearing. Anyone knows a way out? Thanks

6 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 4, 2007 12:24 PM UTC

Hi Markus,

Thanks for your interest.

In the following sample, we tried reproducing your issue with the steps mentioned. Please modify our sample to reproduce the issue here or post your grid property settings it would help us to debug this issue at the earliest. Are you handling any events? Also let us know which version of our grid are you using?

Sample : GGC_GroupingComboBoxColumn.zip

Have a nice day.

Best regards,
Madhan

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 4, 2007 01:08 PM UTC

Hi Madhan,

I am using the latest Version of the GGC for Visual Studio 2005. I have added the modified Sample of the ListItemReference_2005. Please open the 2005.sln, compile it an try to sort by the column "name" or "key" and then expand any grouped column with the plus/minus cell. Then you will see...

I just changed the Property "ShowGroupDropArea" to "true", the grouping can be made by dropping handish or programatically, I did it here programmatically.

Thanks, Markus

ForSF.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 5, 2007 05:52 PM UTC

Hi Markus,

We appreciate your patience.

Thanks for updating us your sample application. In the sample, we could able to trace out the cause of the error with your code. The id column values are duplicated in the datatable which have to be unique in this case i.e. ( table.Rows[i][0] = i%5; ). Please replace the code snippet with the following code to avoid this issue.

>>>>>>>>>
table.Rows[i][0] = i;
>>>>>>>>>

Have a nice day.

Best regards,
Madhan

MG Markus Glaser January 8, 2007 08:52 AM UTC

Hi Madhan,
thanks for your suggestion. But in fact I need the column like ID not to be unique, because in our special use case the column only is used to group the data for the user. And in your suggested example you also can force the issue. Please try the following:

1. take your suggested modification
2. ungroup by ID
3. group by Name, (the second column, only groupe by this column)
4. open the group Afghanistan
5. change in the column KEY the value for one record to "Arizona" for example
6. change another value in the key column to any other value than "Arizona"
7. try to sort by the KEY column...

I also added a video file where you can see the effect.

Thanks, Markus

SF_Issue.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 8, 2007 12:44 PM UTC

Hi Markus,

We are looking into this issue. We will get back to you with more details soon. Thanks for being patience.

Best regards,
Haneef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 6, 2007 07:27 AM UTC

Hi, is anyone resolving this problem?

Markus

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon