We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

PDFDocument Merge algorithm issue

Hi,
PDFDocument Merge algorithm does not merge identical fonts and images. If we merge several PDF documents all using same fonts and same images, the final merged PDF document still contain all duplicate fonts and images definitions, making the final document very large.
In a typical case in our business we merged 149 files with a final result of 21 Mbytes not usable for the Web distribution. If we open this file with Adobe Acrobat 7.0 and we use the menu File Save As we get the same content in only 1.1 Mbytes, 20 time less !!!.
We analyzed the internal structure of both files with PDF CanOpener© by WindJack Solutions, Inc. tool and we found that the only difference is the removal of all duplicate fonts and images definitions.
Actually the workaround is to process all the merged file with Adobe Acrobat, but this can not be a long term solution because we do not have Adobe Acrobat installed on all productions PC, only on developments PC.
Syncfusion already have the correct algorithm because when we create a single document with several pages using same fonts and images, there is no duplicate definitions inside the saved document.

1 Reply

DK Dhivya K Syncfusion Team January 4, 2007 12:51 PM UTC

Hi Mario,

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I tried testing this issue with some files with the same font. I am afraid.I am unable to reproduce the issue with change in fonts and images after merging.

Also, size of the merge documents seem to valid.

Can you please provide me some of your files in Direct trac so that I can reproduce the issue and consult with development team regarding this issue?

Thanks,
Dhivya.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon