We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Virtual mode in GridGroupingControl

Hi,

I want to use "Virtual Mode" in GridGroupingControl. Also I want following features at the same time:
1) Sorting , 2) Filtering , 3) Subtotals and 4) Updating data in Grid.

We are using custom collections as data source.

Can it be done using GridGroupingControl?
If yes, will u please explain with a sample code?

Kind Regards,
Vinod Shembekar

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 3, 2007 11:21 AM UTC

Hi Vinod,

Please refer the below forum thread.
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/message.aspx?MessageID=52657

Best Regards,
Haneef

VS Vinod Shembekar January 5, 2007 08:36 AM UTC

Hi Haneef,

I went through the sample, but I couldn't figure out what are the various events that need to be handled for using GridGroupingControl in "Virtual mode".

For using MS "DatatGridView" control in virtal mode we need to implement following events:
1)NewRowNeeded
2)CellValueNeeded
3)CellValidating
4)CellValuePushed
5)RowsAdded

Will you please send separate sample just to explain how to implement the same using "GridGroupingControl"?

It's very urgent, kindly reply ASAP.

Thanks and Regards,
Vinod Shembekar

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 5, 2007 10:23 AM UTC

Hi Vinod,

The attached sample demonstrates VirtualMode and WithoutCounter optimization. Based on the schema that you specify the engine will determine if certain optimizations can be applied. So, if you have a flat table and don’t sort the records, then the VirtualMode will be applied and the records don’t have to be touched at all (only when drawing).

You will be able to see the automatic switching between the VirtualMode and WithoutCounter mode when you select the “Flat List, Virtual Mode” example. The engine will be initialized using the VirtualMode. Once you sort by a column then the VirtualMode will be turned off but, the WithoutCounter mode will still continue to work. Once you sort by a column then the counters will be enabled.

Please refer to the attached sample for implementation.
EngineOptimizations.zip

Best Regards,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon