We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

General GGC problem - need to work it around urgently somehow

I found general Grid Grouping Control (GGC) problem which causes my app to expect serious troubles

It happens if we use GGC with DataSet set as a datasource and several tables in that DataSet. When just opened form collapse all tables.

Then expand them sequentially from the bottom to the top (expanding order is important). Last expanded in that way table expects some troubles:
=> try to edit any field - grid works not stable (when user is trying to edit one cell - another cell is
edited, or just entered value disappears).
and I can't edit cell by single mouse click.

I added a simple application to show this problem. Not all problems appear here, but cell editting doesn't start on the bugged table cell click - this is how You can see the problem here.

Hope to get a solution, thank you

KonstantinGGCTestingSample.zip

6 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 3, 2007 06:12 AM UTC

Hi Konstantin,

You can handle the TableControlCellClick event and move the current cell at specified position with editing mode. Please refer to the below code snippet for more details.

grid.TableControlCellClick += new GridTableControlCellClickEventHandler(grid_TableControlCellClick);

void grid_TableControlCellClick(object sender, GridTableControlCellClickEventArgs e)
{
e.TableControl.CurrentCell.MoveTo(e.Inner.RowIndex,e.Inner.ColIndex,GridSetCurrentCellOptions.SetFocus);
}

Best Regards,
Haneef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 3, 2007 02:49 PM UTC

Well, this helps, but causes much more trouble. I have modified my example to show the trouble clearly (exactly as in my app)

1. Open application
2. Expand tables sequentially from the bottom to the top (expanding order is important).
3. Last expanded in that way table expects some troubles:
=> try to edit any field, click other field - changes are discarded.

I can see this is a grid trouble as I used no additional handlers in this example. This needs solving urgently in my app.

I would appreciate your help. Thank you.

Sample213.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 3, 2007 04:38 PM UTC

Problems are happening in MultiExtended (AND in MultiSimple) ListBoxSelectionMode which is set by:

this.grid.TableOptions.ListBoxSelectionMode = System.Windows.Forms.SelectionMode.MultiExtended;

So I suppose problems are somehow connected with multiselection functionality.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 4, 2007 10:30 AM UTC

So, does anyone have any idea how to solve this issue?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 4, 2007 12:09 PM UTC

Hi Konstantin,

I have forwarded the issue to our development team. I will let you know the details once I hear back from them. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks for your patience.

Best Regards,
Haneef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 5, 2007 02:02 PM UTC

Hi Konstantin,

Your incident #30867 has been updated. Please refer to your incident for more details.

Thanks for your patience.

Best Regards,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon