We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

checkint the text shown in a tooltip

hello,

my goal is to design an automated test (using Mercury QTP 9.0) which checks that after the mouse is moved over some bar item in the toolbar for a couple of seconds, (specifically a syncfusion Bar item, and toolbar) a tooltip apperas with the text of that bar item.

I believe I need to do one of the following:

1) catching or tracing an event that is sent from the Syncfusion BarItem ti the screen (or something in the middle of them) that tells the screen to show a tooltip with some text. and than verify that the text of the Bar Item (in the tooltip field) is the text shown.

OR

2) after moving the mouse over a Bar Item, check for any new popped windows or tooltip windows and check that the text in that window (tooltip window) is the text in the bar item.

I would realy apreciate any help or hint because i can not thing of any other way to do that and i don't know how to implement any of the 2 ideas above in QTP. (the test must be an automatical test)

I would like to stress the fact that the problem is not accessing the field that stores the string that is SUPPOSED to be shown in the tooltip. THE problem is to check that a tooltip has appeared!!! and to compare and verift between the text shown (physically) on the screen , and the string stored at the field "tooltip" of a syncfusion barItem.

thanks

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 28, 2006 08:01 AM UTC

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed reply. This is an interesting query, we will help you with some solutions in a day or two.
Direct trac
 is a better place to register the case as that would give you a quick turn around.

Thanks for your patience.

Best regards,
Stanley

>hello,

my goal is to design an automated test (using Mercury QTP 9.0) which checks that after the mouse is moved over some bar item in the toolbar for a couple of seconds, (specifically a syncfusion Bar item, and toolbar) a tooltip apperas with the text of that bar item.

I believe I need to do one of the following:

1) catching or tracing an event that is sent from the Syncfusion BarItem ti the screen (or something in the middle of them) that tells the screen to show a tooltip with some text. and than verify that the text of the Bar Item (in the tooltip field) is the text shown.

OR

2) after moving the mouse over a Bar Item, check for any new popped windows or tooltip windows and check that the text in that window (tooltip window) is the text in the bar item.

I would realy apreciate any help or hint because i can not thing of any other way to do that and i don't know how to implement any of the 2 ideas above in QTP. (the test must be an automatical test)

I would like to stress the fact that the problem is not accessing the field that stores the string that is SUPPOSED to be shown in the tooltip. THE problem is to check that a tooltip has appeared!!! and to compare and verift between the text shown (physically) on the screen , and the string stored at the field "tooltip" of a syncfusion barItem.

thanks

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 2, 2007 11:05 AM UTC

Hi,

Regarding this request " to check that a tooltip has appeared ", is not currently supported in the Tools library. The ToolTip used in the Menus are WindowForms tooltip which does not have an event to indicate the visibility of the tool tip in the screen. I haven't yet found the best way of overcoming it. Please refer to this kb article of Mercury and see if that helps.

With the help of custom server libraries, Syncfusion controls can be recognized in QTP. TestStudio offers the custom server libraries for most of the Syncfusion control, please refer to this page for more details. Using these the text of the bar item and tool tip of the bar item can be known.
More information of our TestStudio product can be referred from the knowledge base articles.

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Best regards,
Stanley

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon