We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

AutoComplete and dynamic DataSource

It appears that once the DataSource is set for an AutoComplete (wired to a TextBox), the corresponding drop down list doesn't change.
In my case, the AutoComplete's DataSource is a DataView that changes frequently (rows get merged, filter changes, etc). Is there a way to keep the AutoComplete synched with the current state of the DataSource?

For example, if I have a DataView whose table has one row in it, then I set the AutoComplete's DataSource to that DataView, I only ever see the one row - even though the DataView may have more rows at some point.
I tried the RefreshColumns method (caused some exceptions). I wonder if re-setting the DataSource would work.

2 Replies

MA Mark Atkinson December 21, 2006 06:55 PM UTC

I see in an older post that the SetTableData method seems to be what I'm looking for.

Thanks all the same and Happy Holidays!

>It appears that once the DataSource is set for an AutoComplete (wired to a TextBox), the corresponding drop down list doesn't change.
In my case, the AutoComplete's DataSource is a DataView that changes frequently (rows get merged, filter changes, etc). Is there a way to keep the AutoComplete synched with the current state of the DataSource?

For example, if I have a DataView whose table has one row in it, then I set the AutoComplete's DataSource to that DataView, I only ever see the one row - even though the DataView may have more rows at some point.
I tried the RefreshColumns method (caused some exceptions). I wonder if re-setting the DataSource would work.

AR Anupama Roy Syncfusion Team December 22, 2006 10:26 AM UTC

Hi Mark,

We are glad to hear that the problem is resolved.

Happy holidays to you too!

Best Regards,

Anu.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon