We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Issue with the covered cell

Hi

I am facing one weird problem with the covered cells in my grid.

I have made first covered cell of the grid as frozen so that they donot go out of sight. But this has introduced one issue.

When I press Tab button the next cell get selected. Now if the table is bigger than the view than on pressing Tab on last visible cell we are making the second covered cell in the grid as invisible. If the case arises (and this is common behavior which I am noticing with coverd cell) such that only half of the grid cell gets disappeared than some times the bitmap icon appearing in the covered cell started appearing on Top of the frozen covered cell.

Note that frozen covered cell is read only. Find attached the bitmap to explain the problem.

Can you tell me what needs to be done for handling this issue?

Thanks and Regards
Prashant Agarwal

coveredCellsDisplayissue.zip

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 19, 2006 04:45 AM UTC

Hi Prashant,

Regarding the frozen covered cells issue, We would suggest you to increase the FrozenCount property to the covered cells to view the text completely.

Best Regards,
Haneef

PR Prashant December 19, 2006 08:17 AM UTC

Hi Haneef,

Thanks for the response. But can you tell me how to do that as at present by frozen count is 3 (which is equivalent to the covered cell size). I am using the function call of Cols->FrozenCount = 3.

Is there a different way to set up the FrozenCount to Covered cells?

Thanks and Regards
Prashant Agarwal

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 19, 2006 09:23 AM UTC

Hi Prashant,

Before setting the FrozenCount property, you can handle the Model.FrozenColCountChanged event to recalculate the covered frozen value in a Grid. Here is a code snippet to show this.

private void Model_FrozenColCountChanged(object sender, GridCountChangedEventArgs e)
{
GridModel model = sender as GridModel;
int iFrozenCount = model.Cols.FrozenCount;
foreach(GridRangeInfo range in this.gridControl1.Model.CoveredRanges)
{
if( range.IntersectsWith(GridRangeInfo.Col( iFrozenCount)) )
{
iFrozenCount = range.Right;
}
}
model.Cols.FrozenCount = iFrozenCount;
}

Please refer to the attached sample for more details.
GCCoveredFrozenCount.zip

Best Regards,
Haneef

PR Prashant December 19, 2006 10:15 AM UTC

Hi Haneef,

The solution suggested by you in not solving my issue. I am still getting some of the hiden text on top of the frozen read only covered cells. Also the problem seems to be appearing only with cells containing bitmaps as shown in the attached image with the first mail in the string.

Do you have any clue as to why the text behind the frozen cell is appearing on top of it? Is this a known issue of Syncfusion or am I doing some wrong settings.

Thanks and Regards
Prashant Agarwal

>Hi Prashant,

Before setting the FrozenCount property, you can handle the Model.FrozenColCountChanged event to recalculate the covered frozen value in a Grid. Here is a code snippet to show this.

private void Model_FrozenColCountChanged(object sender, GridCountChangedEventArgs e)
{
GridModel model = sender as GridModel;
int iFrozenCount = model.Cols.FrozenCount;
foreach(GridRangeInfo range in this.gridControl1.Model.CoveredRanges)
{
if( range.IntersectsWith(GridRangeInfo.Col( iFrozenCount)) )
{
iFrozenCount = range.Right;
}
}
model.Cols.FrozenCount = iFrozenCount;
}

Please refer to the attached sample for more details.
GCCoveredFrozenCount.zip

Best Regards,
Haneef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 19, 2006 11:55 AM UTC

Hi Prashant,

We tried to reproduce this in V4.x by just implement covered cell with frozen columns/rows in a grid, but could not get this issue. Maybe I am not following the steps that you are doing. Attached sample working fine here. Can you post a small sample showing this problem or tell us how to see it in the Browser sample/Attached sample?

Here is a sample for implementing it.
ModifiedGCCoveredFrozenCount.zip

If you can provide more information, we can try to suggest some solution.

Regards,
Haneef

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon