We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

PDF in .NET

I am looking for a server side PDF tool that provides various PDF services to
ASP.NET applications.

I have a common need to programmatically open, manipulate PDF files on the web application

Specifically, we want to:

1. With existing PDF files, enter info into text fields on the PDF and once a submit button on the PDF is clicked, capture that data to write back to a SQL Server database.
2. Open existing PDF documents in a web page and populate text fields with data from a SQL Server database.

Thanks. If Syncfusion .Net has this capability, please email me contact info so that I can call you to discuss.

1 Reply

DK Dhivya K Syncfusion Team December 19, 2006 01:34 PM UTC

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Essential PDF.

I am glad to inform you that we have support for both of your requirements.

1. With existing PDF files, enter info into text fields on the PDF and once a submit button on the PDF is clicked, capture that data to write back to a SQL Server database.

==>We can use either URI actions or use form field enumerators to get the values stored in the form.

I will provide you with a sample regarding this within a day.

2. Open existing PDF documents in a web page and populate text fields with data from a SQL Server database.

==>You can fill the fields of the form as follows:

C#
//filling field using filed name
form.Fields["f1-1"].Value = "1";

//Filling field using index
form.Fields[0].Value = "some text";

can you look into the following url for the sample.
Sample:
C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.4.0.51\Web\pdf.web\Samples\2.0\ModifyPDF\FormFilling

Online demo:
http://www2.syncfusion.com/2.0/samples.aspx

Could you please mail your requirements and needs to support@syncfusion.com which would help us to proceed further?

Thanks,
Dhivya.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon