We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Problem after upgrading from 4.3 to 4.4

After upgrading from 4.3 to 4.4 I ran into a problem with key navigation on the grouping grid.
My grid has three hierarchy levels, and when I use an arrow key to navigate from the top level to the far last column, and then key down to the next lower level, the next time I hit the right arrow key grid fails with the following exception:

Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: '11' Key being added: '11'

I first experienced this probmlem after upgrading from 4.3 to 4.4. I donwgraraded back to 4.3 and the problem dissapeard. Then, I upgraded to 4.4 and the problem reappeared.
Therefore, I belive the problem is specific to version 4.4 (Build 4.400.1.51)

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 18, 2006 09:21 AM UTC

Hi Michael,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, is it possible for you to upload us a demo sample or modify the below sample to reproduce the issue here. So, we could analyze the cause of the issue and let you know the solution at the earliest.

Sample: GGC_Issue.zip

Have a nice day.

Best regards,
Madhan

MG Michael Gutkin December 18, 2006 06:03 PM UTC

Hi Madhan,
Please see readme.txt file in attached project with instructions on how to reproduce the problem.

GGC_Tab_Issue.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 20, 2006 10:15 AM UTC

Hi Michael,

We appreciate your kindly patience.

We could able to reproduce the issue with your sample in our version 4.4. We will analyze the cause of the issue and let you know the details soon.

Have a nice day.

Best regards,
Madhan

MG Michael Gutkin December 20, 2006 07:31 PM UTC

Hi Madhan,
I also want to report a similar problem, which you can reproduce with earlier provided prototype: Open Rule Alerts form, click "Portfolio" radio button on the right panel. The application fails with error message "Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: ....". This happens in 4.4 version and works fine in 4.3 version.

--Michael

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 22, 2006 06:15 AM UTC

Hi Michael,

Thank you for being patience.

The reason for the exception may be inserting duplicate keys into a dictionary object. Please refer to the following msdn forum thread for more details.
http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=231948&SiteID=1

In your sample code the frmRuleAlert.cs. We could trace out the columns have been added to the GridGroupingControl again which already bind to datatable and is the cause of this issue. You can avoid this issue by clearing and then adding the columns.

Please refer to the following modified sample for more details
GGC_Tab_Issue_Modified_22Dec06.zip

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance.
Have a nice day.

Best regards,
Madhan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon