We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

SyncGrid distribution through Microsoft ClickOnce

Hi

I am creating an c#.NET application to be distributed through Microsoft ClickOnce technologies (http://msdn.microsoft.com/clickonce).

This application uses the Syncfusion Grid control to display / extract various information to / from the user.

I want the application installation footprint to be as small as possible as some potential customers will be using a standard 56k modem to connect to the application server and download the application.

The Syncfusion dlls that are required by the .NET application are as follows (with sizes):

Syncfusion.Core.dll - 112k
Syncfusion.Grid.Base.dll - 16k
Syncfusion.Grid.Windows.dll - 1500k
Syncfusion.Shared.Base.dll - 1236k
Syncfusion.Shared.Windows.dll - 36k

Is there any way that I can make the SyncFusion components 'lighter' (or exclude them) as 2.8 Mb is a lot to transfer across, especially at Modem speeds (fine for ADSL speeds) and as the rest of the application put together is approximately 400k?

Thanks in advance,

David

GCImageCell20.zip

9 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 15, 2006 05:15 AM UTC

Hi David,

We will work out for a solution and let you know the details soon. Thanks for being patience.

Best regards,
Haneef

DH David Hook December 15, 2006 09:23 AM UTC

Hi Haneef

That would be great! :-) We look forward to your response!

Best Regards,

David

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 26, 2006 10:04 AM UTC

Hi David,

The grid currently has no support for this. Sorry for the inconvenience, but there is no easy way to get this working.

Thanks for your patience.
Best Regards,
Haneef

DH David Hook January 3, 2007 12:33 PM UTC

Hi Haneef

During testing, the Syncfusion grid control appears to work fine when distributing the application containing the control through ClickOnce.

You stated in your last post, "The grid currently has no support for this. Sorry for the inconvenience, but there is no easy way to get this working."

Does this mean that you do not expect the control to work when distributing through the ClickOnce method? This is an important point for us as the Grid control will be a key component of the application we are developing (currently in prototype phase).

Do you think it is possible that unforeseen things may happen upon distribution (such as the licence key showing as 'expired' for instance)?

Our original question was regarding the download size of the components files - do you have any comments to make on this point?

Best Regards,

David

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 3, 2007 01:00 PM UTC

Hi David,

My apologies for the inconvenience caused. Essential Grid supports the MicroSoft ClickOnce Distribution. My previous post stated about the download size of the components files. Currently there is no easy way to reduce the size of the component file. Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Best Regards,
Haneef

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 3, 2007 04:07 PM UTC

Hi Haneef

Thanks for the quick response!

It is somewhat a relief that the control works with Microsoft ClickOnce distribution.

Are there any plans to look into this area of the Essential Grid control in the near future?

Best Regards,

David

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 3, 2007 04:11 PM UTC

Hi Haneef

Thanks for the quick response!

It is somewhat a relief that the control works with Microsoft ClickOnce distribution.

Are there any plans to look into this area of the Essential Grid control in the near future?

Best Regards,

David

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 4, 2007 06:48 AM UTC

Hi David,

If we have enough requests, we will have this as a feature request and get it in the upcoming releases.

Regards,
Haneef

DH David Hook April 17, 2007 11:13 AM UTC

Hi Haneef

The project we are working on has reached a critical point where the control used for the grid needs selecting and coding.

Is there any update on whether the Grid control is to be 'lightened' in a future version so it is suitable for use in applications distributed through ClickOnce?

Best Regards,

David

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon