We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

TOC

Hi,

just a quick question, can the component generate a Table of Contents for a Word document?

Thank you,
Jonathan

3 Replies

DK Dhivya K Syncfusion Team December 14, 2006 04:17 AM UTC

Hi Jonathan

Currently we do not have support for generating Table of Contents using DocIO. We can only preserve the Existing TOC in a template. However, we do have plans for implementing this feature in the future. We already have a feature request regarding this feature. You can keep track of the status of this issue from the following url.
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/features/docio/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=1395

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Dhivya.

TS Teddy Smith December 14, 2006 01:45 PM UTC

Ok, so is there any way I could build the TOC myself easily? Like is there a way of knowing what page a paragraph starts on for example?

Thanks!
Jonathan

DK Dhivya K Syncfusion Team December 15, 2006 01:27 PM UTC

Hi Jonathan,

It is not possible to find the page where the paragraph is positioned. Currently we do not have support for finding or inserting page numbers of a particular paragraph. Only footer can have page numbers. I will consult with development team regarding this feature and send you an update as soon as I hear back. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please let me know if you have anyother queries.

Regards,
Dhivya.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon