We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

TabControl for navigation purpose only

I'm looking for a way to use tabs for navigation purpose only, something like a TabControlAdv with multiple tabs but only one TagPageAdv.
Basically I just want a control that is able to display multiple tabs. The application is responsible for updating the content in the single tab page when user selects a different tab.
Is there anyway I can use SyncFusion library to do that?

4 Replies

AR Anupama Roy Syncfusion Team December 11, 2006 05:16 AM UTC

Hi Qingjun,

You can include multiple tabs using the Add button in the TabPages editor.If you would like to hide the pages associated with the Tab header,you can set the SelectedTab property of TabControlAdv to the page that you would like to display.

private void tabControlAdv1_SelectedIndexChanged(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
{

this.tabControlAdv1.SelectedTab = this.tabPageAdv1;

}

Kindly have a look at the sample attached and let me know whether it meets your requirement.

View

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Regards,

Anu.

QW Qingjun Wei December 11, 2006 03:07 PM UTC

Hi Anu,
Thanks for your quick reply. But it's not quite what I wanted.
In the example, once the tabpage is hidden the tab can not be selected any more. However I need the tabs still selectable with only one tab page.

Regards
Qingjun

>Hi Qingjun,

You can include multiple tabs using the Add button in the TabPages editor.If you would like to hide the pages associated with the Tab header,you can set the SelectedTab property of TabControlAdv to the page that you would like to display.

private void tabControlAdv1_SelectedIndexChanged(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
{

}

Kindly have a look at the sample attached and let me know whether it meets your requirement.

View

Regards,

Anu.

QW Qingjun Wei December 11, 2006 04:14 PM UTC

Thanks Anu,
I modified the program to reorganize the indices in TagPages in run time.
Now the problem is solved.

>Hi Anu,
Thanks for your quick reply. But it's not quite what I wanted.
In the example, once the tabpage is hidden the tab can not be selected any more. However I need the tabs still selectable with only one tab page.

Regards
Qingjun

>Hi Qingjun,

{

}

View

Regards,

Anu.

AR Anupama Roy Syncfusion Team December 11, 2006 05:05 PM UTC

Hi Qingjun,

We are glad to hear that the issue is resolved.

Best Regards,

Anu.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon