We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Unable to initialize DockingManager

As soon the program tries to execute this line

this.dockingManager1.DockLayoutStream = ((System.IO.MemoryStream)(resources.GetObject("dockingManager1.DockLayoutStream")));

it throws the following exception:

Exception generated in Form1 Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture (or the neutral culture)
\ in the given assembly. Make sure "Form1.resources" was correctly embedded or linked into assembly "PManClientGUI".
baseName: Form1 locationInfo: UBS.PManClientGUI.Form1 resource file name: Form1.resources
assembly: PManClientGUI, Version=1.0.2533.26685, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Himanshu Kumar

5 Replies

MU Murugan Syncfusion Team December 8, 2006 10:29 PM UTC

Hi Himanshu,

We really regret for the inconvenience. Could you please provide me details about the EssentialStudio and .Net version that you are using?. This will help us to analyse the issue further.

In DockLayOutStream we have some known issues before v4.4.0.51. So please comment that line and try to run the application and let me know if it helps.

Thank you for choosing Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Murugan P.S

HI Himanshu December 11, 2006 04:00 PM UTC

Hi Murugan,

I am using SyncFusion version v4.2.0.37.

The .net version is 1.1

Commenting the code helps.However, I am unable to use Docking manager as well as MainFrameBar Manager because both of them are giving the same problem.

One important piece of information : If I am using a test App( a bare bones kind of application), the Docking manager works fine.

However, as soon as I add other files and introdue the docking manager, this error crops up.

Thanks & regards,
Himanshu Kumar

>Hi Himanshu,

We really regret for the inconvenience. Could you please provide me details about the EssentialStudio and .Net version that you are using?. This will help us to analyse the issue further.

In DockLayOutStream we have some known issues before v4.4.0.51. So please comment that line and try to run the application and let me know if it helps.

Thank you for choosing Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Murugan P.S

MU Murugan Syncfusion Team December 11, 2006 10:51 PM UTC

Hi Himansu,

Could you please let me know the following details?
1.Are you storing dockstate?.
2.Are you loading dockstate on form_load event?

If you are storing dockstate, then please do the following.
1.Please delete files from C:\Documents and Settings\your name\Local Settings\Application Data\IsolatedStorage
2.Bin and Obj folder from project path.

Still the problem exists, please send me the sample having the issue. This will help us to analyse the issue further.

Thanks,
Murugan P.S

HI Himanshu December 11, 2006 11:29 PM UTC

Hi Murugan,

I developed a new project from scratch and copied the form elements one after the other.

And everything seems to be working fine now.

Thanks for the help.

I have another small issue which I am posting as new thread.

Regards,
Himanshu

>Hi Himansu,

Could you please let me know the following details?
1.Are you storing dockstate?.
2.Are you loading dockstate on form_load event?

If you are storing dockstate, then please do the following.
1.Please delete files from C:\Documents and Settings\your name\Local Settings\Application Data\IsolatedStorage
2.Bin and Obj folder from project path.

Still the problem exists, please send me the sample having the issue. This will help us to analyse the issue further.

Thanks,
Murugan P.S

MU Murugan Syncfusion Team December 12, 2006 02:34 PM UTC

Hi Himanshu,

We are glad to hear that the issue has been resolved.

Thanks for using Syncfusion support.

Regards,
Murugan P.S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon