We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

resx file conversion errors

I have five resource files that fail convertresx (for .NET 2.0), each producing one of the two exception dumps I have attached. Can you provide some insight? One looks related to possible inclusion of a non-Syncfusion and non-Microsoft user controls; although I do not see why that would cause a problem. I have successfully converted around 70 other resource files in the solution and need to know how to deal with these remaining 5. Thanks.

My Documents0.zip

5 Replies

KU Kumaresh Syncfusion Team December 7, 2006 01:24 PM UTC

Hi Louis,

Thank you for using Syncfusion Essential Studio.

Could you please provide the resx file which reproduces the error. This will help me to sort out the problem.

Thanks,
Kumaresh.

LJ Louis Janosek December 7, 2006 04:11 PM UTC

Sure - here they are. Some do reference namespaces outside of SyncFusion and Microsoft though. Thanks.

Louis

My Documents1.zip

NR Nandakumar R Syncfusion Team December 8, 2006 05:09 PM UTC

Hi Louis,

Thank you for the update.

We are looking on this issue. We will get back to you on Monday with an update regarding this Resx conversion issue.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Nanda

KU Kumaresh Syncfusion Team December 11, 2006 07:18 AM UTC

Hi Louis,

Thank you for using Syncfusion Essential Studio.

Could you please refer the following error message.

"Unable to find assembly 'HDTLib, Version=1.0.2046.29173, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" is placed in error-disassembly-resx.txt.

"AMD.HDT.Functions.Memory.ADDRESS_TYPE, HDTFunctions, Version=1.0.2231.25379, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null in the data at line 145, position 4 cannot be located. Line 147, position 5. cannot be parsed" is placed in error-FrmAddressTranslater-resx.txt.

Syncfusion assemblies and .NET assemblies are placed in GAC.

So could you please check whether other product assemblies are found in GAC or not. If not you can place the file to GAC.

Could you please create Direct-Trac incident in the following location for more information.

https://www.syncfusion.com/Support/DirectTrac/logon.aspx?URL=/Support/DirectTrac/default.aspx

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Kumaresh.

LJ Louis Janosek December 13, 2006 07:44 PM UTC

Kumaresh - Thanks for the information. We prefer to not use the GAC for the assemblies. I have been able to use the Visual Studio Resource Editor and remove the problematic resource references. I can then convert the resource file. The forms seem to be working correctly. Thanks.

Louis

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon