We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

QueryCoveredRange group to be navigated up and down

Hi
I am using .net 2.0 with Syncfusion 4.2

My Grouping Grid Control is showing records as QueryCoveredRange, grouped on NAME column. I need to move QueryCoveredRange grop up and down in the grid on a button click . could you plese advise me how I can do that?
Thanks
sivaiah

8 Replies

SB Sivaiah Boppana December 7, 2006 10:55 AM UTC

Please reply me as soon as possible
Thanks in advance
Sivaiah

>Hi

My Grouping Grid Control is showing records as QueryCoveredRange, grouped on NAME column. I need to move QueryCoveredRange grop up and down in the grid on a button click . could you plese advise me how I can do that?
Thanks
sivaiah

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 7, 2006 11:36 AM UTC

Hi Sivaiah,

Thanks for your patience.

Use the CurrentCell.MoveUp method to move the current cell up to next enabled row after skipping the specified number of rows and selecting the row. Alos use the MoveDown() method for downward direction. Here is a code snippet

GridCurrentCell cc = this.gridGroupingControl1.TableControl.CurrentCell;
//For Downwards
cc.MoveDown();
//For Upwards,
cc.MoveUp();

Best Regards,
Haneef

SB Sivaiah Boppana December 7, 2006 04:05 PM UTC

Hi Haneef
This does not work for me. Please see the description of the problem in attachment.

The group will be selected by checking the checkbox and entire group should be navigate up and down by using up and down (+ and - in my case) buttons.

>Hi

Thanks
sivaiah

groupnavigation.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 12, 2006 01:04 AM UTC

Hi,
You can get this working in couple of ways:

1) You can use a custom comparer for that particluar Grouped column and use an ArrayList.sort to arrange the values based on the up / down navigation. Grid will auto-arrange the groups. Below is a sample that moves a group when you press up or down arrow:

WindowsApplication45.zip

2) You can use an unbound column and have a summary displayed in the caption and can sort by summaries in caption. You can control where the Group can be moved by storing the Group info and the unbound column values in a hash table. Related samples:

Syncfusion\Essential Studio\4.4.0.51\windows\Grid.Grouping.Windows\Samples\Summaries\SortBySummaryInCaption
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/grid/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=293

Sample:
Grouping.zip

Best regards,
Jay

AV ashok vardhan October 6, 2007 02:21 PM UTC

dear sivaiah,

this is ashok vardhan!!! remember me? mail me soon

AV ashok vardhan October 11, 2007 10:31 AM UTC

dear siva,

how are u. this is ashok vardhan, ur long lost friend. if u see this pls get in touch at the earliest

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 1, 2009 03:36 PM UTC

>Hi

Thanks
sivaiah

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 20, 2009 02:52 AM UTC

Dear Sivaiah,
my problem is finding you. if you are from RVR & JC... please reply.

Thanks
Chandra

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon