We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

validation controls

Is there no support for the validation controls with the asp.net editor controls?

6 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 6, 2006 12:55 AM UTC

Hi Joe,

All Editor controls in the Editor package should support ASP.Net Validation control except RichTextEditor control.

Here with I attached a sample illustrates Required Field Validator Control validation with all Editor Controls.

http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/Validation_be95edec.zip

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Thank you for using syncfusion products.

Regards,
Sureshsekaran.

JR Joseph Rezuke December 6, 2006 01:49 AM UTC

I attached a web form with 2 dropdown calendar controls and a comparer validation. The validation is that both controls should be equal. The validation fails even when they are equal.

SyncfusionDropDownDates.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 6, 2006 06:54 PM UTC

Hi Joe,

Please set 'Type' property of Compare Validator as 'String' data type instead of 'Date' data type.

Please try this and let me know if this helps.

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Suresh Sekaran

JO joe December 7, 2006 01:03 PM UTC

Hi Suresh,

Your suggestion works fine if the operator for the validation is 'Equal'. However it does not work as expected if you use another operator such as 'Greater Than'. I expanded the attached example with two text boxes to demonstrate how it should work. You can see that the dropdowndate control does not work as expected.

>Hi Joe,

Please set 'Type' property of Compare Validator as 'String' data type instead of 'Date' data type.

Regards,
Suresh Sekaran

JR Joseph Rezuke December 7, 2006 01:04 PM UTC

Sorry, I forgot the attachment in the previous reply. Here it is.

>Hi Suresh,

Your suggestion works fine if the operator for the validation is 'Equal'. However it does not work as expected if you use another operator such as 'Greater Than'. I expanded the attached example with two text boxes to demonstrate how it should work. You can see that the dropdowndate control does not work as expected.

>Hi Joe,

Regards,
Suresh Sekaran

SyncfusionDates.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 7, 2006 06:29 PM UTC

Hi Joe,

Only client side validation gets failed, because DropDownCalender control returns value which date format is conflict with Validation control's argument date format.

However using custom validator control, DropDownCalendar control can be validated with all possible comparision operators which is illustrated in the attached sample.

http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/EditorValidator_6f940556.zip

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Sureshsekaran.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon